Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, former pentecostal here
Hi, former pentecostal here
I am from London and am joining the forums to meet like minded people and share ideas. I was brought up by religious parents and briefly went of my own accord at about 18 for a year. Apart from that religion seems to be an internal moral guide of right and wrong and I don't like it. It has also contributed to low self esteem and difficulty psychologically as an adult.

I would describe myself as agnostic as I do believe there is some non physical method that some Christians use to introduce fear and "spiritual" experiences into people's lives. But I guess with Derron Brown's work even that is on the cards for discussion.

Anyway, it's good to be here. Worship (large)
RE: Hi, former pentecostal here
Welcome along Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Quote: I do believe there is some non physical method that some Christians use to introduce fear and "spiritual" experiences into people's lives.

Yes. Normal people call them "delusions."

Nice to meet you.
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hi there!
Thanks guys. I guess growing up in a pentecostal church makes me not as normal as I would have been.
Normal is overrated anyway.

But then, this....

ain't normal.
Ha ha, that was brilliant - I smiled all the way through. Worst thing is some of those body movements look familiar to me. I always think of it as Breakdance 2 - electric boogaloo.
I always think of it as evidence that white people can't dance.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former JW Athena 41 3446 July 7, 2019 at 5:17 am
Last Post: veoli
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 3828 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6682 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  Former Roman Catholic Here Sagasa 24 6254 March 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Former Pentecostal Christian Fruity 28 5945 February 27, 2013 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Fruity
  Hello from a former Baptist formerbaptist 17 2900 February 27, 2013 at 1:46 am
Last Post: justin
Video Message From A Former Muslim apostasin 10 3693 July 23, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Former agnostic, now Christian lucent 96 49667 September 20, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Former Athiest clipse26i 40 13787 July 25, 2011 at 9:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Former Mormon missionary Korihor80 10 3072 May 29, 2011 at 12:16 am
Last Post: tackattack