Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Mormon missionary
Former Mormon missionary
Hi! I use to knock on doors as a missionary in Texas back in 99. I really believed the latter day saint church was the one true church, then in 05 I looked at the real story of joseph smith through critical eyes, and I could see that the Mormon church foundations were fraudulent. Seeing how the latter day saint church was man-made makes it easy to see how all religion is created by men. Anyways this is the short version of my story, but I just wanted to do a quick introduction.

RE: Former Mormon missionary
(May 28, 2011 at 12:40 pm)Korihor80 Wrote: Hi! I use to knock on doors as a missionary in Texas back in 99. I really believed the latter day saint church was the one true church, then in 05 I looked at the real story of joseph smith through critical eyes, and I could see that the Mormon church foundations were fraudulent. Seeing how the latter day saint church was man-made makes it easy to see how all religion is created by men. Anyways this is the short version of my story, but I just wanted to do a quick introduction.

Welcome Korihor.

By the way ... ALL the revealed religions of the world are man-made. Well, unless you decide to believe that god really did reveal himself to just one .... and if you do, well, you join up. And THAT's why we have a millions of people believing that they worship the one true god.
Somehow they have the knowledge and insight to know which religion to pick.

...oorrrr, their parents were of that particular religion and viola!!! ... one's parents would never lie right? Angel

WELCOME!

[Image: Evolution.png]

I can say for sure all religions are man-made, but how they started is a more complex question. At least with Mormonism you know that it is a product of a charismatic con-artist. It makes you wonder about Jesus.
(May 28, 2011 at 3:18 pm)Korihor80 Wrote: I can say for sure all religions are man-made, but how they started is a more complex question. At least with Mormonism you know that it is a product of a charismatic con-artist. It makes you wonder about Jesus.

If he even existed - but yeah, it would be reasonable to think he was a con man trying to survive in a harsh world that was full of superstition and weak minds.

Maybe he was just smarter than all the others of the time.

It is possible Jesus didn't exist. However who did start Christianity if Jesus didn't? Paul? My knowledge of history maybe limited but my impression is that Christianity existed before Paul or else his road to Damascus story wouldn't attract any followers to Paul.
Welcome once-mormon...

Can you tell me if you were ticklish at all back in 1999 CE? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 28, 2011 at 5:32 pm)Korihor80 Wrote: It is possible Jesus didn't exist. However who did start Christianity if Jesus didn't? Paul? My knowledge of history maybe limited but my impression is that Christianity existed before Paul or else his road to Damascus story wouldn't attract any followers to Paul.

All I have is theories and conjecture. Minimalist would probably be much better equipped to answer this than me.

(May 28, 2011 at 12:40 pm)Korihor80 Wrote: Hi! I use to knock on doors as a missionary in Texas back in 99. I really believed the latter day saint church was the one true church, then in 05 I looked at the real story of joseph smith through critical eyes, and I could see that the Mormon church foundations were fraudulent. Seeing how the latter day saint church was man-made makes it easy to see how all religion is created by men. Anyways this is the short version of my story, but I just wanted to do a quick introduction.
Good thing you never came to my house! And congrats on breaking the mental and emotional bonds that held you slave to some dude's fantasies.
[attachment=516]
Thanks for the welcome guys! Gawdzilla were there a lot a Jehovah's witness down in Texas? I ran into a lot of them on my mission they liked to debate us. They invited us in a lot when we knocked on there doors. Knocking on doors on my mission was 1 of the worst experiences in my life. I felt rude.
(May 28, 2011 at 7:47 pm)Korihor80 Wrote: Thanks for the welcome guys! Gawdzilla were there a lot a Jehovah's witness down in Texas? I ran into a lot of them on my mission they liked to debate us. They invited us in a lot when we knocked on there doors. Knocking on doors on my mission was 1 of the worst experiences in my life. I felt rude.

Strangely enough, I never got any door knockers. I would have welcomed them, the price of dog food being what it is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The only reason I became Mormon was because I snuck a taste of "Funeral Potatoes!" 😁 HankMoody316 10 1751 November 8, 2022 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Former JW Athena 41 3451 July 7, 2019 at 5:17 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hi, I'm an Ex-Mormon Atheist InquiringMind 16 1561 September 20, 2016 at 10:21 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 3832 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  mormon ==> atheist azheathen 22 3846 January 10, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hi, former pentecostal here Roger Mellie 23 3075 July 12, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Used to be a Mormon Awsamb 15 2732 April 29, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Awsamb
  Former Roman Catholic Here Sagasa 24 6257 March 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Former Pentecostal Christian Fruity 28 5946 February 27, 2013 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Fruity
  Hello from a former Baptist formerbaptist 17 2902 February 27, 2013 at 1:46 am
Last Post: justin