Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Lord committed infanticide
When the Lord committed infanticide
Well, He did destroy part of His own Creation without any qualms, didn't He?

[Image: l-738.jpg]
RE: When the Lord committed infanticide
Good topic, Rocket! And nice picture....Ahh, the poor Dinosaurs...

Infanticide is a very touchy topic for most Christians, as they soley avoid reading these parts of the Bible,and those who do do not acknowledge these parts for what they are, coming back with retorts such as 'You did not understand the Bible' and such. However, it can not be avioded by those who read the Bible, and here are some examples of when Infaticide pop up within the Bible:
"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords." (Hosea 13:16 NLT)

Luke 19:27 Jesus said, "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Genesis 6:7 "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them."

Exodus 10:20 "But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go."

Numbers 31:17-18 "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Ezekiel 9:6 "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women . . . "

Isaiah 13:16 "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished."

Deuteronomy 13:15 "Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly . . . "

Leviticus 20:9 "For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death . . . "

Exodus 32:27 ". . . Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour."

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 "If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen Roberts

Do you have any qualms destroying most of the things you make with legos? I sure don't. Only the really cool ones would I ever consider not destroying immediately... but I know that eventually I will break it Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 30, 2011 at 6:05 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Do you have any qualms destroying most of the things you make with legos? I sure don't. Only the really cool ones would I ever consider not destroying immediately... but I know that eventually I will break it Heart

Hardest I have laughed all dayBig Grin Meh, I usually kept my Lego in one peice. I still have my Lego Death Star.

On a more serious note however, Lego does not have any memories or feelings, unless you believe in homepoathy (Im not sure how it is spelt, but this is when people believe that objects have living memories), which I am not entirly sure relates to Lego. This is live children we are talking about. How does anyone worship a book that enforces the killing of infants because a divine voice tells them too? Or they are the children of a person who did not do right by God?
Its just wrong.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen Roberts

(May 30, 2011 at 6:13 am)Taylor Wrote:
(May 30, 2011 at 6:05 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Do you have any qualms destroying most of the things you make with legos? I sure don't. Only the really cool ones would I ever consider not destroying immediately... but I know that eventually I will break it Heart

Hardest I have laughed all dayBig Grin Meh, I usually kept my Lego in one peice. I still have my Lego Death Star.

On a more serious note however, Lego does not have any memories or feelings, unless you believe in homepoathy (Im not sure how it is spelt, but this is when people believe that objects have living memories), which I am not entirly sure relates to Lego. This is live children we are talking about. How does anyone worship a book that enforces the killing of infants because a divine voice tells them too? Or they are the children of a person who did not do right by God?
Its just wrong.

"But he loves you" the xtians will say....

"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
After all, he is going to send 2/3 of the world's population into the fiery blaze of hell for eternity. How does infanticide compare to this?
(May 30, 2011 at 6:13 am)Taylor Wrote:
Its just wrong.

But if we are supposing such a creator... then feelings are a creation like any other. Antares is bigger than any other star I know of, but it is a creation like any other. I am the most beautiful woman in existence, yet I am a creation like any other. Tigers have stripes and little else does... but they too are creations: like any other.

All of my lego people walking along my starships had lives... but they were creations (not unlike another).

'Just wrong' doesn't apply to me, as most people here would tell you. Tongue
(May 30, 2011 at 11:17 am)Arcturus Wrote: After all, he is going to send 2/3 of the world's population into the fiery blaze of hell for eternity. How does infanticide compare to this?

Only 2/3 and he's killing off all the babies for us? This guy is a saint. I'd reelect him Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 30, 2011 at 11:17 am)Arcturus Wrote: After all, he is going to send 2/3 of the world's population into the fiery blaze of hell for eternity.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Promises, promises.

Quote:How does infanticide compare to this?

Oh, it's a ratings game...?
100 million creatures destroyed is not as bad as 7 trillion?
Pfff! Glad you told me.
So He's really a decent guy?
So I take it the atheists would have left the children to die slowly of hunger on the battlefield without mothers or fathers, rather than take them to heaven, where all children go when they die.

Apply logic, and you see those are the two choices God had.

I'm afraid most atheists don't think as hard as they claim to.
(June 1, 2011 at 1:04 am)RAD Wrote: So I take it the atheists would have left the children to die slowly of hunger on the battlefield without mothers or fathers, rather than take them to heaven, where all children go when they die.

Apply logic, and you see those are the two choices God had.

I'm afraid most atheists don't think as hard as they claim to.

If I was god I would order my worshipers to take care of them not kill them.Thinking
They're always more then 2 options.
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 29382 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Brazilian woman has spent years praying to Lord of the Rings doll Cyberman 41 5425 January 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 22742 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  "For the lord thy god is a jealous god among you." Socratic Meth Head 52 8737 June 8, 2016 at 10:10 am
Last Post: RozKek
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 66907 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Reach a lost and dying world for the Lord Jesus Christ.. TubbyTubby 30 6644 March 16, 2015 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Pastor: Sometimes you have to punch kids for the lord. Faith No More 63 19488 January 12, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  "I prayed to the Lord and God said ‘Open up a pot shop'" null--69 5 2292 February 27, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Proof of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ Almighty FlyingNarwhal 2 1985 June 15, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Lord Carey attacks PM over Christian 'support' Darwinian 6 2876 March 30, 2013 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist