Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone
Hi everyone
Hi everyone, its me Ervin. I closed of my account recently. I actually did that with all of the forums, for reasons better not discussed. For thosewho don't know me I believe in an interventionist God. I believe that there is devine justice and that for instance those who do evil til death will I believe be punished somehow. My assumption of the punishment would be eternal death. Maybe its karma that does it, eather way I believe that what goes around comes around. I also believe negative forces/spiritual beings. I believe that parts of the theistic books contain wisdom and truth and parts are not true or are to be understood metaforicaly. I believe in doing good. In deciding what's good I use reason and faith. I am looking forward to some interesting discussions. I understand that my views are not going to be liked by some but I asure you that I don't dislike someone for being an atheist. Thanks.
RE: Hi everyone
Do you have any "evidence" or are you just a run-of-the-mill theist?
Hi there.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
I might think your notions are hillariously silly, but that doesn't mean that I should despise you right away. So, hi and hello, welcome (back?) to the forums. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Well, welcome.

I agree with Min, let's see some evidence.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Wait wait WAIT!!!! You forgot the pre-fight doughnut!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS_eQbBSE34

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 2, 2011 at 3:00 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Wait wait WAIT!!!! You forgot the pre-battle doughnut!

Sae, my fave galactic Queen, it's never wrong to mention a pre-battle doughnut! Big Grin (TMNT FTW!!)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I'm just new here myself, so please take my comment with a grain of salt, but why do theists join atheist forums? I understand you feel the need to spread the good news, but on an atheist forum? Seriously? Even as a Christian, I never felt compelled to join an atheist forum. Now an atheist, I feel no need to join a Christian one. Personally, I think proselytizing is a form of low self-esteem. The more people you can get to think the way you do, the better you'll feel about what you believe.

Unless of course, I completely wrong, and theists join sites like these because they are on the fence themselves.
(June 2, 2011 at 3:11 pm)DanielSchaffiro Wrote: I'm just new here myself, so please take my comment with a grain of salt, but why do theists join atheist forums? I understand you feel the need to spread the good news, but on an atheist forum? Seriously? Even as a Christian, I never felt compelled to join an atheist forum. Now an atheist, I feel no need to join a Christian one. Personally, I think proselytizing is a form of low self-esteem. The more people you can get to think the way you do, the better you'll feel about what you believe.

Unless of course, I completely wrong, and theists join sites like these because they are on the fence themselves.

Ah, but don't you know, they must reach out to the lowest of the low, us filthy atheists! (not saying that's what this guy is doing, just implying it). It gets old and sad real quick.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
I don't know why they joined, but I love that fr0d0, Tacky, Rayaan, and others joined Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day