Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do emotions such as Love from
Where do emotions such as Love from
I must say that one of the reasons I believe in God is because of emotions such as love, compassion, generosity. I mean to act like that to a stranger might not necesarily be because of evolution.

Reasons I believe in shaytan/ devil/demons is because of the bad emotions I supose all of us have felt such as unjust anger for instance. Also dreams I had at times wich I have discused before on this forum when my username was Ervin.

Yet, I have to remind you that I don't actualy subbscribe to any official Theism yet I believe that it contains the truth. like all the stuf they tell you is I believe right and the stuff they hide when they firstly introduce you to their religions is most likely not true.

So I supose that we can look at the same evidence and come to diferent conclusions(evolution/God).

Or maybe someone has some sort of specific scientific explanation that they would like to share. I would like to hear it.

Thanks

RE: Where do emotions such as Love from
First of all, you're all over the map just getting started.
You think god exists simply because some (maybe a 1/3 at the very most) of the world shows love and compassion to strangers???
And who the hell claims that being kind to a stranger is a result of evolution???
Does the devil create "bad" emotions??? For that matter, what are bad emotions???
Even your Jesus is recorded as having and displaying both anger and sorrow.

You don't subscribe to any official theism, yet you believe it contains the truth. If you don't subscribe than what is "it"???

Evidence is proof. With the proper evidence our conclusions should be the same. If they are not the same than the "evidence" is not the same either.
Keep in mind that there is no tangible evidence of god and your alternate conclusion is most likely a result of your own bias opinion.

You need to lose the non-sequiturs and structure your thoughts a bit better.

welcome
[Image: Evolution.png]

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I apologise to those who find me not very clear at times. I only complited year 10. I am not someone who is very good at times in expressing my self.yes, I do believe that the theists of the past got some things right(however maybe the bible or the quran are true in entirety, in that sense I am agnostic). Put it this way. If you were to spend your time thinking about what is God like you are bound to be corect about some things and wrong about others(I am talking as if we both believe he exists). You know what I mean. In that sense I believe that the bible and the quran contain wisdom. I hope this clears it up for you. And as far as no paragraphs or possible spelling mistakes I am on the phone most of the time and refer to the beginning of this post. Thanks
Love is merely a cocktail of fantastic hormones, that makes it easier for us to form family units, give birth and take care of helpless, demanding infants. It's also one of the driving forces behind a pack, as are generosity, empathy and altruism. These emotions ensure more likely survival for the whole of the pack. Anger, rage and those kind of emotions are not evil, they bring equally powerful displays of feelings as love. I actually find excessive PDA equally repulsing as violent outbursts, but that doesn't make either of them evil :p
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Where does emotions such as love come from?

Well this really - [Image: Chemical_basis_of_love.png]

All emotions are chemical based.Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
If you believe that the bible or quoran contains wisdom then please go check the "skeptics annotated bible" (website), some of my favourite bible verses include Ezekiel 23 (actually as a year 10 I probably shouldn't direct you to that one...), that one about the she bears and children, that one about happy is he he who dashes babies' brains on rocks, the one about the punishment for raping a woman (having to marry the victim)...

They threw some nice sounding, lamb of god, love your neighbour stuff on top and, like magic, people thinks its a wonderful book, they don't look to hard and justify the evil that they do come across.

Why does this websites spellcheck want to kill the letter 'u'. ITS SPELT WITH A U YOU DUMB AMERICAN FILTER, ARG! IT TRIED TO CORRECT ME ON 'SPELT'
Look, I will repeat my self. I dont believe in the quran or the bible. I just cut out bits and pieces that I believe they got right. Like love your enemies. But I would SD that sometimes fighting them is what they need as long ad you dont let your anger overcome you. So the things you don't like, I don't like either. I use my reason and experiences to uncover God. Not my tradition. To me its obvious that brig born into something doesn't mean its true. And ad far as that litle scientific lesson goes I must say I like it. Thanks to science like that there is medication for schizophrenia such keeps me well. Dont forget that I ultimately thank God for everything but also people. Thanks
Ace that is a good illustration, I was going to say that everything we are and all of our emotions and personalities are developed in the brain. All emotions we express towards ourselves or our fellowman first must start as a thought an idea. We then choose to act upon those thoughts and ideas which through our passion are later translated into emotions. Our life experiences also shape how we relate to others in our community and strangers as well, as you stated Ace all emotions are chemically based.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(June 4, 2011 at 5:13 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
Cinjin Cain Wrote:And who the hell claims that being kind to a stranger is a result of evolution???
Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:Anyone that considers us to have evolved as social creatures, for one Heart

Untrue. Non-sequitur.
Kindness in general perhaps, but not kindness to strangers. Millions of people do not show any kindness to strangers and they are every bit "evolved" as you or I.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1217 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  There are no higher emotions/values Transcended Dimensions 58 11884 April 30, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Emotions are intrinsically good and bad Transcended Dimensions 713 106757 February 25, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
Bug Do Fruit Flies Have Emotions? Hatshepsut 28 3281 May 16, 2015 at 7:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The point to Human Existence? Role of Emotions. LostDays 33 6330 November 14, 2014 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  why are law enforcers such jerks? Jextin 26 7306 April 22, 2013 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Emotions Vs Feelings Edwardo Piet 8 3072 February 15, 2012 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Aardverk
  Is there such a thing as choice ? Rwandrall 21 5254 June 8, 2011 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Zenith