Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Orginal Sin?
What is Orginal Sin?
I'd like to hear from Christians what Original Sin is? Because I can never understand why God would allow the sin of a father(Adam) to be committed to the son(Humanity). I've heard reasons from others to believe why this is wrong but can anyone prove why it is right?
And in heaven is your Sustenance, as (also) that which ye are promised - Surah Adh-Dhariyat
RE: What is Orginal Sin?
Original sin is a plot device to move the whole silly story along.

Different groups have different original sins. For example the original sin of the American republic is calvinism.
Jecht was Sin.

Spira is a spiral of death Heart

And that is the game with the award of putting me in the longest continuous 'WTF' ever. 5 hours and 30 minutes of playtime before something started making sense story wise. It's amazing i even stuck with it...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 5, 2011 at 2:19 am)Minimalist Wrote: Original sin is a plot device to move the whole silly story along.

This! Original Sin is the reason innocents need to be "saved", it's the reason we have to have priests. It's the excuse the Church uses to stay in existence. It's something the parasites thought up to keep their "jobs", to milk the poor saps who don't realize they have a choice in the matter.
(June 5, 2011 at 4:41 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Jecht was Sin.

Spira is a spiral of death Heart

And that is the game with the award of putting me in the longest continuous 'WTF' ever. 5 hours and 30 minutes of playtime before something started making sense story wise. It's amazing i even stuck with it...

I liked it Sad one of the best stories i think
Original sin is a fake disease that snakeoil "priest" salesmen try to profit from.

Original sin cannot be differentiated from placebo
I think its been a long time since anyone has had an original sin. I think they've all been tried at least once before by now.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

the original sin was farming
In my opinion original sin is a sneaky way for a religion to take something away. In Christianity its free will.
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2248 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the nature of sin Drich 137 18352 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3075 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29950 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58102 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5538 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2765 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14163 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Sin & Forgiveness miaharun 119 15188 November 16, 2015 at 4:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The illusion of justice, sin and free will dyresand 17 4291 October 15, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho