Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A suggestion about posts
A suggestion about posts
I have noticed that if you give a reply, and then after a few minutes you post again on the same thread, your two replies get united. The problem is that it looks very ugly and hard to read if the posts are big. Many times it is much better if you separate two different topics in two posts (also when you reply to different people) - IF those posts do not get united into a single one. On the other hand, if you only want to append something to your old post, you can simply click "Edit" and edit it.

What do you say about allowing the posts of the same user to be separated, even if he replies after 5 minutes or less?
RE: A suggestion about posts
The alternative is to see 6 posts from me in a row. That isn't so pretty either Heart

But I hate the forum design right now, so I don't see how it can be made to be pretty without a redesign Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I think it's a reasonable idea, it would just be difficult to make sure that if poster's have something to add to a previous post they edit rather than posting one after the other.
And I really don't want this forum to be taken over any more by Sae than it already is!
(June 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm)Napoleon666 Wrote: I think it's a reasonable idea, it would just be difficult to make sure that if poster's have something to add to a previous post they edit rather than posting one after the other.
And I really don't want this forum to be taken over any more by Sae than it already is!

yeah, perhaps there should be a button "post as separate" or something... it could solve both issues.
I like this idea, too.

But, I think we should try limit ourselves to not post more than 3 times in a row, unless if it's really important.

Not for something useless ...
like this
or like this
or likes this.
because then it's kind of disturbing if you post too many times in a row.
:S
^ So we should think of editing sometimes. Big Grin
Me have self control? Good luck Smile

I do edit sometimes... usually only to add a hide tag or fix a word or remove a sentence where I crossed the line or fix a code like /quote] and [/hied]

The 'important stuff' (something that alters the post or adds to it greatly) is the stuff you shouldn't edit in.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Currently posts made within 60 minutes of each other are merged into one. I don't really want to alter this value, since there really is no reason to post multiple times unless you are trying to 'bump' the thread up.

As for it looking bad, I can change the default way in which the posts are merged. Currently we just use a single horizontal rule, but I can use pretty much any HTML code.

Suggestions?
(June 8, 2011 at 5:32 pm)Tiberius Wrote: As for it looking bad, I can change the default way in which the posts are merged. Currently we just use a single horizontal rule, but I can use pretty much any HTML code.

Suggestions?

perhaps padding. Or to place a border filled with a color (though I don't know if it would look good), between the posts.

By the way, just curios Adrian... what are the PHP tags for? Do people really need to display php code? (I first thought that you can enhance the post with dynamic code, but it seems that it's not so).
Some forums probably use them a lot for displaying code, but we don't really have a need for it. There isn't really much point in removing it.
perhaps we could have a more graphic horizontal rule (hr) so instead of

we have
something like this

with maybe a "I like to double post" text in the graphic?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up [Serious] Please permit me insert persian paragraphs in my posts Anti.Enslave 5 68 April 24, 2024 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4820 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2481 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Suggestion: atheism source links Foxaèr 3 1097 April 28, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Today's Posts? Yonadav 9 1691 March 23, 2019 at 1:00 am
Last Post: Sal
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion Reltzik 26 2961 October 3, 2018 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Joods
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1400 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sub forum suggestion Joods 2 976 July 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Code suggestion Joods 30 4824 May 21, 2018 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet