Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making my own computer, i needz help !
Making my own computer, i needz help !
So Skyrim is coming out soon Worship and i want to play it with all the deference it deserves: at such i'm trying to make my own computer and not buy a preset layout.

Anyone got any advice on what pieces to get, where to get them (is the internet better than a physical shop) and more importantly how to test on different stages to make sure everything is working ? thanks for any info, i'm kindda desperate at this point Big Grin
RE: Making my own computer, i needz help !
Best advice I ever heard along these lines was to find your dream machine in a store (brick-and-mortar or internet) and note the parts they used.
Paint red stripes on it (Or lightning bolts) to make it faster.

Can buy paint at lots of stores

You're welcome
Stue, if that was a W40K reference you have my praises.

If not, you're mean Tongue

Cheers Gawdzilla that's pretty much my biggest fear: buying the wrong parts and fucking up the whole thing Big Grin so this could work.
(June 17, 2011 at 8:30 am)Rwandrall Wrote: Stue, if that was a W40K reference you have my praises.

If not, you're mean Tongue

Cheers Gawdzilla that's pretty much my biggest fear: buying the wrong parts and fucking up the whole thing Big Grin so this could work.

Let somebody else figure out what works together, then take that information for your own. Don't forget to check reviews of the machine to see if it's a dream or a nightmare.
I build my own systems.
You can go for either an AMD or Intel processor based system, both have their followers.
When you decide on processor you find a motherboard that supports it and then memory that the motherboard supports.
As you want it for gaming you'll want a video card, I like to have motherboards that have on board video as a fall back in case the video card fails.
Computer part retailers usually list parts to either suit AMD or Intel.
There are newish solid state hard drives (SSDs) which are very fast, small capacity and expensive.
For hard drives don't get a green one for your operating system, they're painfully slow, a 7200 RPM or faster one is best.
The case and power supply require some attention.
ESata and USB3 are cool.

This thread and other threads on this site may help, there are other threads based on different budgets.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-rep...?t=1719006

If you get confused about video cards this may help
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2011-...,2673.html
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
If I was building my own I'd build it with two cases, to allow the maximum number of ports and slots. Just wishing, of course.
(June 17, 2011 at 8:58 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: If I was building my own I'd build it with two cases, to allow the maximum number of ports and slots. Just wishing, of course.

Are you trying to confuse Einstein?
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
Thanks a LOT Magic this will be pretty helpful. My budget is relatively limited (600 euros more or less) so ill be looking into cheaper builds.
Question: is there a place where i can compare different prices for the the different components ? Thanks for the one for the graphics card by the way Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No salt sticky rice for making Nigiri Sushi Brian37 20 1126 April 30, 2022 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 6455 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1989 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Computer repair workshop customers I need your help purplepurpose 12 1121 March 18, 2019 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Making Jerky onlinebiker 0 278 December 25, 2018 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Does anyone own a Moral Compass? I_am_not_mafia 13 1333 September 28, 2018 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2336 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Your ideal home office/computer pit. Gawdzilla Sama 4 743 August 25, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Tried making vegan burgers. . . bennyboy 10 1363 August 3, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Profound Poetry by Our Very Own Brian37 Rhondazvous 3 638 July 4, 2018 at 7:39 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous