Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 8:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orangutan helping out a baby bird.
Orangutan helping out a baby bird.
There was a thread a little while ago that asked where compassion and love came from I was gonna post this there but gods damn it I couldnt find it.
So I shall post it here.
A video of a powerfull ape helping out a stricken member of a non-related species.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yl2pR1EIM

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Orangutan helping out a baby bird.
Thanks for posting this. Wonderful! Hope it ended happily !
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Oh! The primate must be created by an intelligent designer, because otherwise it couldn't show compassion! Maybe it reads scriptures too.. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

quite marvelous.
Cunt
Wait, maybe i'm blind, but how exactly is the orangutan helping it out? Looks like he's just playing with it to me :S
(June 18, 2011 at 10:30 am)Napoleon Wrote: Wait, maybe i'm blind, but how exactly is the orangutan helping it out? Looks like he's just playing with it to me :S

Admittedly, I thought the same. I found the curiousity of the orangutan more wonderful.
Cunt
This doesn't show how similar orangutan's are to us. It shows how similar we are to orangutan's.

However, I can't shake the image that 10 seconds after the video finished, he ate the little bird Panic
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(June 18, 2011 at 10:50 am)Darwinian Wrote: This doesn't show how similar orangutan's are to us. It shows how similar we are to orangutan's.

However, I can't shake the image that 10 seconds after the video finished, he ate the little bird Panic

See this from the bbc its the same clip with commentary from the apes owner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13814508

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Gentle? Are you kidding me? After picking it up by it's head it then proceeded to prod it for 5 minutes. Lol
I watched this on the bbc website yesterday, thought it was cute. Then i realised, it may be entirely possible that this beast is simply waiting for it's audience to fuck off before he eats a snack (i personally hate people watching me eat).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Human Case of H5N1 Bird Flu in Texas Nanny 1 184 April 1, 2024 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  On the consciousness of a new born baby Macoleco 8 816 April 7, 2022 at 7:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Human baby gene editing is here? brewer 9 1079 November 29, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Fossil provides new understanding of bird evolution Foxaèr 10 950 June 30, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: oldpollock
  99 million Year Old Bird Transition Found Amarok 14 5346 June 9, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Baby raccoons IATIA 7 1571 November 23, 2015 at 12:28 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Churches oppose three-person baby plan zebo-the-fat 36 6819 February 3, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Next-Gen Test Tube Baby Born pineapplebunnybounce 4 2398 July 12, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  ‘Adventurous’ Woman Needed as Surrogate for Neanderthal Baby TaraJo 25 7895 January 29, 2013 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  About a baby gamerguy86 6 2217 June 23, 2012 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: gamerguy86