Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Ohio USA
Hello from Ohio USA
Hey everyone, thanks to intelligent humans for developing the internet. I may not otherwise have any contact with other atheists. The nearest active group is about 45miles away.

Im 29, and working in mental health/crisis intervention.
I have been an "official atheist" for 2 years, and VERY PROUD of it!

greetings to all!
RE: Hello from Ohio USA
Hey kkaplan, welcome to our forums Big Grin
Hello Ohio! The most refreshing thing about these forums is the sheer number of Americans on them; it really makes me think that the USA might not become a theocracy after all!
Happiness is all that's important. What makes me happiest is making my loved ones happy.
Hi there and welcome to the forum.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Welcome! Enjoy your stay here.
Hi Kkaplan,

Yeah, like you I'm very proud of what I am, it's like no one handed me my morality I kind of made it myself (OK, I didn't it's a product of the society into which I was born, my family, friends and other influences but I get to validate it I guess).

Welcome to our forum Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Oh Kkaplan, I can't believe I forgot to say: I think the internet is totally awesome. I thank the developers too, it's kickass.

And also, I also feel very proud to be an atheist....

I mean it's hard not to be proud about it really Tongue

Some people think pride is a bad thing; but they often describe it as a "sin" (one of the 7 'deadly' sins).

And sins aren't really applicable to me being an atheist, either it's immoral and/or illegal or it isn't. Sin doesn't come into it.

So I'm actually PROUD of being proud to be an atheist lol Wink. Sod all the people who say 'pride is a sin'. Hard NOT to be proud sometimes.

After all there's a difference between pride and arrogance. Sometimes there's something to be proud about! And it's like when you achieve something, like a big aim or goal, I think you should feel proud about it.

I like pride. It's arrogance that I dislike. Someone told me that arrogance is pride + ignorance. Which I found interesting.

Anyway enough waffling by me, once again; welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay Smile

EvF
(February 28, 2009 at 2:31 am)kkaplan Wrote: Hey everyone, thanks to intelligent humans for developing the internet. I may not otherwise have any contact with other atheists. The nearest active group is about 45miles away.

Im 29, and working in mental health/crisis intervention.
I have been an "official atheist" for 2 years, and VERY PROUD of it!

greetings to all!

Greetings, kkaplan, from a fellow Buckeye. I congratulate you on having liberated yourself from the thrall of religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Edit: *Living in* Pennsylvania USA Easy Guns 27 3425 July 4, 2015 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Joods
Wink What's up from OHIO! Delysid 22 3151 March 1, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Cato
Rainbow Brit Atheist Moving to USA AJHammet 25 4314 November 19, 2013 at 8:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hello from Ohio cl0udburn 14 3262 July 13, 2013 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Hi from the middle of bible thumper USA The Last Resort 21 5050 May 19, 2013 at 3:28 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Newbie from Ohio Wonderland 15 2743 May 1, 2013 at 9:35 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Atheist from south Florida (USA) Miami_Marlins_fan 9 3548 April 23, 2012 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Hello from Missouri, USA Stucky 26 4069 September 29, 2011 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower
  Greetings from Ohio Kyle 21 3616 May 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: A Dead Relative
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus