Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:00 am

Poll: Do you avoid posting in threads you would like to mock so it won't show up in your "My Posts"?
This poll is closed.
For Shizzle! I would rather not waste my time!
14.29%
1 14.29%
Um, what is the "My Posts" link for exactly?
0%
0 0%
THIS is such a post so I am only going to mark your poll so I don't have to see this again!
0%
0 0%
It doesn't matter to me, I post wherever I feel, whenever I feel!
85.71%
6 85.71%
Your mother!
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads I would like to mock!
Threads I would like to mock!
There are threads I would really like to mock in the weirdest way ("Save Satan" I'm looking at you!)! My reason for NOT doing so is that I am loathe to see that same crappy thread show up in "My Posts" every time someone posts another awful comment that bumps it up to the top of my list.

Does anyone else avoid posting in inane threads for this very reason?
RE: Threads I would like to mock!
Nope, I'm posting in everything lately...
I avoid religious threads and whatnot usually. When I post in them it is because I am being silly over something someone said. I only search through My Posts if I've been away a while and feel i might have missed something.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I avoid commenting in religious threads on average -- it cuts down on the stress. Doesn't mean I don't read them, only in hopes of catching the annoying spammer or abusive user. Unfortunately, my banhammer is mostly pristine and new, from disuse.

My fellow mods are much better at ferreting out such, so I content myself with fixing y'all's terrible formatting (you know who you are Big Grin).

I disabled email notifications as they never provided the whole text of the comment, nor allowed me to click a link that sent a callback (want an empty page) to update that I had read nor allowed me to respond, making the entire email system useless. Perhaps I have misread, but it looks severely limited to me.

However, I did learn my lesson early on to stay out of most inane threads -- it really raises eyebrows of others when I am showing them something and an email with a ridiculous thread name comes it. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would you like to do in 2021? arewethereyet 42 4418 April 13, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  T-shirts you would like to see onlinebiker 10 1338 August 9, 2019 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Civil Commentary on the R'lyeh commentary on Civil Discussion Threads Whateverist 5 1238 November 18, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Solipsism threads should only have one post. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1342 August 11, 2018 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Joods
  Describe your body type and the ideal body you would like. The Valkyrie 34 4426 May 4, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Which types of threads would you like to see more from me? Foxaèr 21 3344 April 21, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Would You Like a Christmas Card? Seraphina 34 3605 December 23, 2017 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  How would you like to dispose of your body when the time comes? Whateverist 107 13128 December 19, 2017 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Threads that would be fun to merge. Whateverist 1 470 July 8, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Want me to make more threads? Edwardo Piet 10 1122 April 15, 2016 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet