Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you like to dispose of your body when the time comes?
How would you like to dispose of your body when the time comes?
First a little entertainment:

But seriously, who wants to lock their biomass away from the rest of the living world?  Not me.  Instead of a hand painted coffin I think I might prefer to weave a shroud.  I wonder if I could get away with getting buried in my own garden.  You know, one last chance to stick it to the man.  

If there is no one around to give me that sort of send off I guess I'd settle for cremation but then those ashes have got to be scattered, not locked away in a little concrete box.  Ugh.
RE: How would you like to dispose of your body when the time comes?
Gut me for any usable parts and donate the rest to science fiction.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I'm a registered donor (I think we all should be. Opt out, not opt in). So, take what you can for transplants and education. If there is anything left, cremation.

But I'll be dead, so for all I know, I'll be Bernie to some young insurance employees in NYC.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I want science to harvest my organs.
(December 14, 2017 at 3:33 pm)c172 Wrote: I'm a registered donor (I think we all should be. Opt out, not opt in). So, take what you can for transplants and education. If there is anything left, cremation.

This is what I'm doing as well. It's not like I'm going to need this shitty body of mine when I'm dead.
(December 14, 2017 at 3:36 pm)Hammy Wrote: I want science to harvest my organs.

Harvest? I hate that fucking word in the context of organ donation.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Donate my body to science. Whatever they don't want can be dumped in a hole. Not much point in spending too much to get rid of a corpse.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 14, 2017 at 3:37 pm)KevinM1 Wrote:
(December 14, 2017 at 3:33 pm)c172 Wrote: I'm a registered donor (I think we all should be. Opt out, not opt in). So, take what you can for transplants and education. If there is anything left, cremation.

This is what I'm doing as well.  It's not like I'm going to need this shitty body of mine when I'm dead.

Yep. I've signed all the papers to have my sorry arse hauled off the the nearest teaching hospital.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Separate the recyclables from the landfill.
That is one of the oddities of religion. Cremation for me. It is the most efficient. As I said to my kids, I wont be there, even in the godly rubbish, I am dead and the corpse means nothing in that case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2173 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you love good set of tight fit jeans on your body? Woah0 20 946 September 18, 2022 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2026 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What would you like to do in 2021? arewethereyet 42 4415 April 13, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind? Foxaèr 8 356 November 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How are you passing your time now? ignoramus 28 1871 March 24, 2020 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  T-shirts you would like to see onlinebiker 10 1335 August 9, 2019 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Who would you rely on to help you out? Cod 18 1329 January 8, 2019 at 6:36 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  What Was Your Sex Education Like? Jade-Green Stone 30 2742 October 21, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Your all-time favorite hallucination? Gawdzilla Sama 43 2815 September 29, 2018 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Angrboda