Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's win-moment
Today's win-moment
I sat at the bus stop, obviously waiting for my bus to arrive, when an elderly lady walked up to me with a bunch of JW magazines in her hand. She pointed at one of the headlines and asked me: "Do you want to live life withouth suffering?"

Now, I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins for two days in a row, so I saw this as a typical dialogue situation fabricated by BioWare. It felt like my answer options were these:

a) Get lost you old hag!
b) I'm an atheist, I don't care much of your silly superstitions
c) (Ignore)
d) (Persuade) I am already living a life without suffering, thank you!

I chose d) and the lady looked absolutely flabbergasted and walked away mumbling to herself. It might be a small win, but highly satifactory! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Today's win-moment
(June 30, 2011 at 5:25 am)Kayenneh Wrote: I sat at the bus stop, obviously waiting for my bus to arrive,

Wait, you mean you weren't expecting your friends to roll up in a convertable and then give you the tricky decision of which seat to take?
"Yes, go away" ?
(June 30, 2011 at 7:47 am)fr0d0 Wrote: "Yes, go away" ?

I'll store that away ready for the next JW I meet. It's nice and simple, but curiously not the sort of thing I usually think of on the spur of the moment!
[Image: BlogSig.png][Image: sigimage.php?un=DaveD&t=182116&c1=7f5217...&c4=7f5217]
I had alot of JW friends as a child, they don't talk to me anymore of course. I'm actually profoundly upset by that, so, in an effort to exact revenge I've developed a little routine. I have a stack of Watchtowers within view of my front door, and when they show up, I lean out of the doorway, look left, right, back at the stack of watchtowers, ask "did you come alone?" and then ask them to come inside while gently stroking the back of their hand.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 30, 2011 at 5:55 am)Napoleon Wrote:

Wait, you mean you weren't expecting your friends to roll up in a convertable and then give you the tricky decision of which seat to take?

No silly, that would happen tomorrow Big Grin

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Somebody came up to me offering to pray for me today ReptilianPeon 57 7151 October 8, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2472 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  If there was a 1st moment in time. Mystic 41 5588 May 5, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  So today at the bank................ Brian37 72 11898 March 15, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Banned
  Looks like there might be Mormons ambushing people shoppers today... ReptilianPeon 23 3394 February 3, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Forum theists: when you have a moment, please... Athene 125 26666 October 27, 2015 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  A moment ago BrokenQuill92 6 1706 July 2, 2014 at 10:41 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Two Mormons knocked on my door today vodkafan 10 2835 June 2, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Today, I disowned my fundamentalist christian uncle. bluemonday 24 6529 March 1, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Are the Churches Incorrigible? Are They Any Better Today? Michael Schubert 7 3553 July 27, 2013 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Walking Void