Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bump on the Christian head!
Bump on the Christian head!
Question for Christians here...

Suppose you had a pretty serious bump on the head and you lost all memory of ever having been religious. You completely forget what the Bible is. You loose all memory of God and Jesus and the fact that other people believe these things.

All other aspects of you memory remain intact except for anything to do with faith.

The question is therefore, do you think that given that this knowledge and the understanding of your beliefs has completely vanished how do you think you would react to someone preaching the Gospel to you, which of course sounds very strange and alien, and do you think you would become a Christian again?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Bump on the Christian head!
(July 1, 2011 at 1:54 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Question for Christians here...

Suppose you had a pretty serious bump on the head and you lost all memory of ever having been religious. You completely forget what the Bible is. You loose all memory of God and Jesus and the fact that other people believe these things.

All other aspects of you memory remain intact except for anything to do with faith.

The question is therefore, do you think that given that this knowledge and the understanding of your beliefs has completely vanished how do you think you would react to someone preaching the Gospel to you, which of course sounds very strange and alien, and do you think you would become a Christian again?

Do you mean "let the indoctrination start again"Big Grin

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

One step further: If this happened to a christian, would he/she thereafter be condemned to hell for the lapse of memory (assuming it never came back and no further indoctrination occurred) ?
Trying to update my sig ...
They would go to a priest and let him lay hands on their dick!
An interesting way of re-phrasing this question; What if you were a strong christian who got a bump on the head and lost all memory of religion/jesus etc. You died soon after you bumped your head, so you had no time to re-learn your faith in jesus therefore you were sent to hell. Not only does does god allow this to happen, but he'd have to send you to hell for it. This brings up the point of equal opportunity, which everyone experiences so differently across the world. And if one religion were to be true, people in other cultures would be screwed just for being born into that culture. This also makes me think of mentally handicapped people, who aren't born with sufficient thinking and reasoning skills to be able to even hold religious beliefs, yet are punished and sent to hell for it.
Actually a current theory that I've been introduced to, is that no one goes to hell, or if they do, it's not permanent, so the question, in that regard..would be moot..Smile
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hey, a "current theory" involving christinsanity?
I know I know, just when you felt it was safe to go outside..they started theorizing again.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
First, the Old Testament

Then, shockingly, the New Testament

What now, the Post Testament?
LOL, Ep, just jump in the chat, its just you and me here tonight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15542 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Former Christian Apologizes for Being Such a Huge Shit Head for all Those Years Autumnlicious 3 2412 January 29, 2010 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: fr0d0