Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games we know are great, But you just cant get into
Games we know are great, But you just cant get into
Thought i would start a thread wondering if anyone else has had the same experiences with games. Seeing a game that is critically acclaimed but for some reason you don't like.

Mine would have to be the Bioshock series. From afar I can appreciate its awesomeness, But when playing it it leaves me cold and bored.

anyone else ?
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain
RE: Games we know are great, But you just cant get into
world of suckcraft. It just doesnt work for me.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
(July 8, 2011 at 10:01 pm)thebigfudge Wrote: Mine would have to be the Bioshock series. From afar I can appreciate its awesomeness, But when playing it it leaves me cold and bored.

I liked Bioshock, but the controls and gameplay kept me from thinking it was as great as everyone else thought it was. But as far as games I knew were awesome but just couldn't play very long was the Knights of the Old Republic games.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Assassins Creed. LittleBigPlanet. MGS3. Bioshock. Command and Conquer. FF13.

Dead space scared the hell out of me in the first 5 minutes of having control and I can't play it. Which means it's a total success. I watched a boyfriend play all the way through it though... it's just not as terrifying when someone like that is in the driver's seat. Same for Dead space 2.
(July 8, 2011 at 10:04 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote: world of suckcraft. It just doesnt work for me.

It's a fine RPG. Your problem was their false advertising of it being an MMO Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Any fps really.. I just can't get the hang of them Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I don't know what anyone found wrong with the Bioshock series; both games are immense and involve the character really well. The storyline keeps you 'in' the game, and there are plenty of minigames provided to keep you entertained whilst you complete the main story.

I'd have to go with WoW as well. Looks like a great game, but you need to dedicate quite a bit of time to it which I don't have.
(July 9, 2011 at 6:54 am)Tiberius Wrote: I don't know what anyone found wrong with the Bioshock series...

It was the controls and the overall feel of controlling your character that got to me. It's still an awesome game though.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
BioShock didn't work for me either. Yes, it was the controls, and the overall mood of the game got me bored within 5 minutes. I wonder what was with all the great reviews and hype.
Not sure what the problems are with the controls; they are fairly bog-standard in the industry. Right-trigger fires a weapon, X/B is reloading or melee, A is jump. Of course I can only account for the Xbox games, but I'd imagine you'd find a similar thing on the PC or Playstation.

If someone could elaborate it would help.
(July 9, 2011 at 9:30 am)Tiberius Wrote: Not sure what the problems are with the controls; they are fairly bog-standard in the industry. Right-trigger fires a weapon, X/B is reloading or melee, A is jump. Of course I can only account for the Xbox games, but I'd imagine you'd find a similar thing on the PC or Playstation.

If someone could elaborate it would help.

I did not like the fact that you had to push R3 on the ps3, to look down the sights of your weapons and even then the looking down the sights was done poorly in my opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2140 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8798 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3132 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 468 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 381 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1913 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1164 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1163 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1849 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1233 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia