Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Pedantic Bastard War Thread.
The Pedantic Bastard War Thread.
Welcome to the 'pedantic bastard war(craft(although it's not actually warcraft I just wanted to say warcraft because I thought it sounded cool for some reason, I thought wrong.)) thread' where the aim of the game is to be the biggest pedant (I.e the most pedantic bastard there is, the most pedantic bastard in the land, "THE MOST PEDANTIC BASTARD IN THE WHOLE OF TOYLAND).

Correcting any of the smallest mistakes your opponents (or friends that you are treating as opponents for the sake of this competion, that's why they're your opponents in this compettion, and that's what opponent means), (or tiniest rather than smallest mistakes actually, tiniest sounds smaller than small, I think it MIGHT mean smaller than small too, but not tinier than tiny, tiny cannot be smaller than itself, for that would be something like: tiny tiny I guess).

And also, constantly re explain yourself to make sure people understand even when what you're explaining is obvious. And just stating the obvious in the most pednantic and complicated(ly) unecessary way.

And pointing out your own mistakes rather than simply correcting them.

Begin!

P.S: If you didn't understand the pendantically insane retarded bastardness of the above: This is a thread where the aim is to be the most pedantic bastard you possibly can, and to try and out-do all other other pendants (and to out-do yourself too, pedantically).

As I said, begin! May the pedantic bastards start their hair-splitting picky pendanticness!
RE: The Pedantic Bastard War Thread.
Starting. Where should I? That is to say, where should I start?
"Evolution isn't a matter of belief. It is a scientific fact that you can either accept, or you're an idiot." - My humble self.

Come along to Herd-of-Cats to talk about whatever the hell you like.
This is one thread EA was made for. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
What do you mean by starting your post just in one word - with the word "starting" - as a sentence right at the beginning there? As your post?

You were just meant to put your pedantic bastard mindset on - and naturally pick out even the pendantic bits of perhaps my intro.

But perhaps its better to start here like this, because all that word salad that was already a bit self-pedantic might have been too difficult to be pedantic with (because it was already kind of self-correctingly obsessively pedantic with itself).

Where should you start? On this thread. Its the pedantic bastard thread. So that's where to start being a pedantic bastard.

Unless you are not asking about where to start being a pedant, but asking where you should start something else - in which case I don't know because I don't know what you are referring to.

If you are asking where to start a fire for example; I might perhaps say: Well at least on earth for a start (to start the start, the start of the fire), I think you may have difficulty trying to go to the moon and start a fire. You are likely to be unsuccessful.

If you were to ask: "Where should I start eating bagels for the first time?". Then I'd have to say (something at least like): "well I don't know, depends where you like eating bagels."

And once again, perhaps its better on earth.

Although you might like failing, (or not succeeding rather) - in which case perhaps its good to try for the moon. Because if you think being unsuccessful with starting a fire, eating a bagel (or whatever other uncountable number of things you might want to start doing), is what you SHOULD do, then perhaps you should attempt to do it at the moon. And that is then in that case, where you should do it perhaps (or at least one unreachable place you are likely to succeed to be unsuccessful at (oh hang on, have you succeeded or not then though? Is that perhaps a bit of a paradox?)).

Carry on.
(March 3, 2009 at 1:37 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: This is one thread for which EA was made. Smile
Fixed. Cool Shades
"Evolution isn't a matter of belief. It is a scientific fact that you can either accept, or you're an idiot." - My humble self.

EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:compettion

competition. point for me.
(March 3, 2009 at 1:38 pm)Even Adam Wrote:
(March 3, 2009 at 1:37 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: This is one thread for which EA was made. Smile
I have corrected the grammatical error. Cool Shades

Wink Shades
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I noticed at least two missing apostrophes in EvsF's latest pile of words.

you did indeed. I think I'd better write something to make it even possible to pedant about. What shall I talk about? The fact it is almost 19:00 and I am still at work doing butkiss. And I am starting to wonder if doing a pedant competition in English is such a great idea for me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
(March 3, 2009 at 1:45 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: you did indeed.
Not capitalizing (or "capitalising" depending on where you live) the first letter of a sentence. Point for me.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:This is one thread for which EA was made. Smile
I have corrected the grammatical error. Cool Shades
As have I.
You forgot to tell us what you had done. One questionable point to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 743 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4139 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Happy Birthday The Gentleman Bastard brewer 17 1408 January 26, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Happy Birthday The Gentleman Bastard! brewer 7 1429 January 26, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  We need to ramp up the war on Christmas Cecelia 10 1406 October 26, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  (LEGO comic, satirical) There has been a war against Catholocism? ReptilianPeon 0 645 June 25, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  So is ISIL winning the war? Aractus 17 1928 May 16, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  The Tamale War of 2014 BlackSwordsman 2 543 June 4, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Seems that Norway Gunman wanted to start a war against Muslims in the world? MilesTailsPrower 21 4780 July 27, 2011 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  World War III- it may be nearer than we think! CoxRox 12 3295 November 12, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet