Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need to ramp up the war on Christmas
We need to ramp up the war on Christmas
It's not even Halloween yet, and I've already seen Christmas commercials from Best Buy.  Seriously?  If I hadn't already stopped shopping at Best Buy, I think I'd quit now.  Halloween is a great holiday on it's own, and that's not to mention Thanksgiving (which Black Friday keeps encroaching on).  I'm so glad I've been out of retail for several years now, because I'd hate to work on Thanksgiving because somebody thought it'd be a good idea to open stores on Thanksgiving to start the sales earlier than everybody else.

I like Christmas--don't get me wrong.  I love buying presents for people.  The look on my kids faces when they open up their presents isn't something I would trade for anything.  But it's getting ridiculous.  Leave Halloween and Thanksgiving alone!
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: We need to ramp up the war on Christmas
We should put this thread on the Facebook feed. The title alone will make 'em flock here!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
War on Christmas!

Grease up Santa's butt and ram a big dildo right in there !!

And then pull it out of Santa and stick it down Jesus' throat !!

There, now THAT'S a war on Christmas!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: the-war-on-christmas-the-war-on-christma...767762.jpg]

I'll enlist.
(October 26, 2016 at 12:04 am)Cecelia Wrote: It's not even Halloween yet, and I've already seen Christmas commercials from Best Buy.  Seriously?  If I hadn't already stopped shopping at Best Buy, I think I'd quit now.  Halloween is a great holiday on it's own, and that's not to mention Thanksgiving (which Black Friday keeps encroaching on).  I'm so glad I've been out of retail for several years now, because I'd hate to work on Thanksgiving because somebody thought it'd be a good idea to open stores on Thanksgiving to start the sales earlier than everybody else.

I like Christmas--don't get me wrong.  I love buying presents for people.  The look on my kids faces when they open up their presents isn't something I would trade for anything.  But it's getting ridiculous.  Leave Halloween and Thanksgiving alone!

I know what you're getting for Christmas...

[Image: Somebody+is+geting+shit+for+christmas_00...853745.gif]
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 26, 2016 at 12:12 am)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: the-war-on-christmas-the-war-on-christma...767762.jpg]

I'll enlist.

Get em witch costumes for Halloween, bunny bikinis for Easter and for Thanksgiving...Poke-a-hantas. Yep...that would be a good year.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
Halloween's a great excuse to buy a big bag of candy (I never have any trick or treaters). 

But TG's a bit weird for me. I feel like we ought to be thankful for something every day. Why have it all be on one day? And my stomach is very sensitive, so I hate feeling compelled (by society, mind you. Not our hosts) to overeat. Especially gravy. 

And Xmas is annoying, because I'm not good at shopping, plus I already have a ton of stuff, but it's impossible not to accrue much more at Xmas.

A few years ago, I went to the Nutcracker, which was quite nice.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Speaking of that celebration (Shitmas), I like greet believers with "Happy winter solstice" - that irritates them beyond limits!  Big Grin   I also greet them with this song:

Lyrics is in the video's description.

(October 26, 2016 at 12:12 am)Minimalist Wrote: [img.]https://creationsciencestudy.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/the-war-on-christmas-the-war-on-christmas-political-poster-12927767762.jpg[/img]

I'll enlist.

[Image: M6rIdTQ.png]
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
(October 26, 2016 at 12:04 am)Cecelia Wrote: I like Christmas--don't get me wrong.  I love buying presents for people.  The look on my kids faces when they open up their presents isn't something I would trade for anything.  But it's getting ridiculous.  Leave Halloween and Thanksgiving alone!

Don't get the industry wrong either. They love people buying presents also. The sooner the better, the more the merrier. That's why the commercial machine is already running.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I'd like to ramp up the war on Halloween.We never did it in Australia, ever.
Suddenly in the last few years, all the $2 shops are selling Halloween masks and novelties and it's everywhere now.
People are decorating their yards like x-mas with skulls, cobwebs and all sorts of crap from arsehole to breakfast.
It looks like shit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 709 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 853 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 713 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 746 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2902 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1712 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 345 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 799 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christmas cards brewer 8 475 December 23, 2020 at 1:17 pm
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 743 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo