Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is ISIL winning the war?
So is ISIL winning the war?
It certainly appears so, and with their sights on expanding to every corner of the world in "due time" perhaps it's something we need to take far more seriously than we presently do.

The US-lead war in Afghanistan lasted longer than WWI and WWII put together and didn't produce a victory for the allies.

[Image: 1280px-Syria_and_Iraq_2014-onward_War_map.png]

That grey area that covers most of Syria and much of Iraq is the area presently controlled by ISIL. So what do you think? We wait for Syria to be completely controlled by ISIL and then come up with a new plan of action?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: So is ISIL winning the war?
I think we stop exporting American bombs to brown-skinned countries, and let the locals handle this.

If winning the war means expanding to all the areas they've said they intend to then how could they ever win? They're surrounded on all sides by countries that oppose them with much stronger fighting power, their goals are impossible
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
Well Turkey is refusing to help, they won't even close their borders or prevent ISIL from selling Syrian and Iraq's oil. So doesn't look likely that the "locals" will solve it on their own.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(May 16, 2015 at 3:39 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: I think we stop exporting American bombs to brown-skinned countries, and let the locals handle this.

The grey area on the map that represents the conquered territories now controlled by ISIS, are  the locals. If ISIS continues to expand, unchecked, especially if they conquer the oil producing countries there, the world is going to be far different than we know it now. I look for more ISIS inspired home grown terrorism to ramp up in the Western countries. Get ready for Sharia.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Given that the US has apparently created ISIS by overthrowing the baathists in Iraq, I'd say more intervention is not going to work. All it's done is make it worse.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 16, 2015 at 9:27 am)Chad32 Wrote: Given that the US has apparently created ISIS by overthrowing the baathists in Iraq, I'd say more intervention is not going to work. All it's done is make it worse.

ISIS was once an affiliate of Al Qaeda, but the two terror groups has since parted ways. It was after Obama ordered U.S. troops to withdraw that ISIS was able to conquer and control a large area of Iraq.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
(May 16, 2015 at 9:27 am)Chad32 Wrote: Given that the US has apparently created ISIS by overthrowing the baathists in Iraq, I'd say more intervention is not going to work. All it's done is make it worse.
We cannot push that shiny red button to solve problems either.... And we should really thank Bush for setting us up with this problem to begin with. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(May 16, 2015 at 9:53 am)A Theist Wrote:

ISIS was once an affiliate of Al Qaeda, but the two terror groups has since parted ways. It was after Obama ordered U.S. troops to withdraw that ISIS was able to conquer and control a large area of Iraq.

It was going to go to crap no matter when they left. Iraq was a huge blunder, and I don't think there's anything america can really do now to fix it. We shouldn't have been there in the first place, and we shouldn't be waging all these wars/drone strike operations. They shouldn't stay there forever, and it's going to be hectic no matter when they leave.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 743 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Winning on Ebay onlinebiker 2 186 October 10, 2020 at 12:39 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  We need to ramp up the war on Christmas Cecelia 10 1406 October 26, 2016 at 6:27 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  (LEGO comic, satirical) There has been a war against Catholocism? ReptilianPeon 0 645 June 25, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  The Tamale War of 2014 BlackSwordsman 2 543 June 4, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Epic Winning. The Grand Nudger 3 1125 September 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Seems that Norway Gunman wanted to start a war against Muslims in the world? MilesTailsPrower 21 4780 July 27, 2011 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Pedantic Bastard War Thread. Edwardo Piet 14 3867 March 5, 2009 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  World War III- it may be nearer than we think! CoxRox 12 3295 November 12, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet