Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seems that Norway Gunman wanted to start a war against Muslims in the world?
Seems that Norway Gunman wanted to start a war against Muslims in the world?
Reading another article on the Norway Gunman, yesterday I heard an article saying that he will spend 100 days in jail for every murder and he would get out around jail at age 50-60. But I couldn't find that article on fox news anymore. But now it seems like religion was involved in the killings? Article here: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/26/...is-insane/

Quote: "His reason (for the attacks) is that he wants to start a war against democracy, against the Muslims in the world, and as he said he wants to liberate Europe and the Western world," said Lippestad.

Just found the Norway Gunman sentencing: http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=231027

[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
RE: Seems that Norway Gunman wanted to start a war against Muslims in the world?
(July 27, 2011 at 12:32 am)MilesTailsPrower Wrote: Reading another article on the Norway Gunman, yesterday I heard an article saying that he will spend 100 days in jail for every murder.....

WTF?! Only 100 days for MURDER?

Jeez... if that was the case here in America, I have about a year and half worth of murders I'd like to commit.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
RE: Seems that Norway Gunman wanted to start a war against Muslims in the world?
I'm sure there's some nuance we're missing. They may have maximum sentencing procedures. In light of a high death count the time spent "per victim" would seem low, but I bet you kill one person and your sentence is similar in overall time. Then again, maybe it is a flat 100 days....something in me just screams that it isn't.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There's so much out there painting this guy in all sorts of colors, from Muslim terrorist as it first appeared in the online coverage, to Christian, to Christian Identity, etc...Now his alleged motivation was to start a war against Muslims in the world.

I'll wait to see the final outcome when it's all as official as it stands to get.
Meanwhile, Mr.Breivik is telling the truth on one respect I'd think when he claims he expects to spend the rest of his life in prison. As I'd think no matter the sentence he is finally given, I doubt he'll live to see the day he's released in a manner that let's him walk out of the gate. More like he'll be carried out in a box.

Perhaps I'm wrong though. Perhaps Norway prisons are secured in such a way as to prohibit an inmate such as himself from standing much of a chance of getting jumped.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
I hope not.
I really doubt any court would sentence him to anything less than life in prison with no possibility of parole.
Don't know about Norway but it's impossible to do that here as far as I know. No matter what the judge says, a parole board can let you out.
The 'breaking news' I saw about it (BBC) repeatedly said he was a Christian in a way that inferred that it made it more unusual than anyone of another religion to commit such a crime.
It is unusual. Most of the recent acts of terrorism to take place have been perpetrated by Muslim fanatics, so the expectation was that this one would be the same.
(July 27, 2011 at 11:21 am)edk141 Wrote: It is unusual. Most of the recent acts of terrorism to take place have been perpetrated by Muslim fanatics, so the expectation was that this one would be the same.

Do you have statistics to back that up? A lot of acts of "terrorism" don't get the same press that those committed by Muslims do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seems strange to me Ahriman 8 543 August 23, 2023 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 410 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  New theistic chew toys wanted! Foxaèr 266 20000 August 29, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Ahriman
  US China war 70 years later Apollo 10 748 December 14, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  The Go Go's "Vacation all you never wanted." Brian37 10 1081 July 13, 2020 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Is it too early to start drinking? Gawdzilla Sama 13 1451 July 22, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10609 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Going to start calling it Dead Saturday on AF Foxaèr 26 5099 May 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do you start people at ten, or do they need to earn it? J a c k 53 4910 November 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 829 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene