Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the bible actually says about marriage.
What the bible actually says about marriage.
This is a good article in the huffington post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-carey...87979.html

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: What the bible actually says about marriage.
He conveniently didn't mention how some of the men in the bible had multiple wives.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(July 13, 2011 at 2:02 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: He conveniently didn't mention how some of the men in the bible had multiple wives.

Time to trot this out again for a refresher course.

Min, that ROCKS!
Trying to update my sig ...
Thank Landover Baptist.
I still love that last line "4 out of 5 evangelical divorcees believe that marriage is sacred"
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Yeah, that's a great line. Remember, Newt Gingrich (who divorced his cancer-ridden wife as she lay in the hospital) is against gay marriage.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
The GOP makes me see how easy it would be to cast Dante's (Alighieri's) Inferno for a mockumentary.
Does the bible cover these amongst its weighty pages?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/beyondbelief/co...d=14064832
"Great article" and "The Huffington Post" in the same sentence? It must be the end times...

Is it suppose to surprise me that most Christians neglect and/or misunderstand their Bible? There are over 38,000 denominations for a reason.
"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44109 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Republicans are redefining marriage Foxaèr 5 658 August 26, 2020 at 10:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3419 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8551 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9809 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3544 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  Who Says Godscreated 153 35573 September 15, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  While Judaism may have had forced marriage war booties, i think it reasons is for it Rakie 17 3976 August 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Lol the bible is actually ok with pedophilia, proof from passage Rarieo 80 23315 July 29, 2017 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christianity actually condones murder Rolandson 50 10137 January 21, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd