Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bad day.
A bad day.
So, I'm not exactly sure where this should go but I'll put it here for now.

---
My sister kicked me out of her house.
Because I'm an atheist.

She got my mom to tell me. She couldn't say it to me directly.

And that's just another example of how religion is making my life hell.

--
Thanks for listening.
RE: A bad day.
Sucks to be you eh?

Maybe the day will come when she will really really need a favor, place to stay, food or whatever and you can say;

"Jeez... I'd love to help, but you're one of those damned christians."

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Wow, that is cold. So much for religious compassion.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Sorry to tell you brotha... your sister is a grade-A bitch.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
and your mom is no prize, either.

There is nothing that can be done with people who prefer fantasy to reality. They're hopeless.
How sad that imaginary friends are more important than their family.

Jesus, in one of his more horrid moments, admonished his followers to value him more than his family.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Love your enemies as yourself, as long as they're not of the wrong faith.. Or any faith at all '-_-
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I would offer the possibility that there are other issues involved. It's likely that your sister has chosen your atheism as a focal point to avoid discussing those issues, a discussion which may be uncomfortable to her for whatever reason. In any case, sucks that things have gone down the way that they have, but at least this gives you the opportunity to cut loose and make a place your own.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You should be happy that you're out of that asylum. I wonder how you managed to survive till now..
So what are you going to do now? Do you have another place to stay?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad News For Fundie Assholes Minimalist 11 1902 August 9, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Bad Religion: How Trump is warping Christianity for his own gain. Foxaèr 4 1029 February 6, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: GUBU
Video First Church of Cannabis (Good or Bad?) Mental Outlaw 10 1968 June 6, 2015 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Nope
  Salon link about bad religious ideas. Brian37 1 972 January 26, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why is religion bad? CapnAwesome 22 3435 August 18, 2014 at 3:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is killing a Pastor always a bad thing? Mystical 85 22434 November 9, 2013 at 8:51 am
Last Post: T.J.
  Is Hell Really a Bad Place? Michael Schubert 195 54023 August 23, 2013 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  If God is all mighty,why doesn't he change bad people/seiners into good ones? Phish 54 19996 March 19, 2013 at 8:35 am
Last Post: EGross
  I'm In a Bad Mood And I Feel Like Minimalist 18 7724 April 13, 2010 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  is irrationality always bad ? i need help ! Rwandrall 17 4423 April 5, 2010 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana