Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insulting Religion
Insulting Religion
Another good video from Pat Condell:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTypnaP5...ture=feedu

One which seems to have a fair bit of relevance around here lately...
RE: Insulting Religion
Agree with him 100%. I hate the way religion always is supposed to have a free pass from criticism, especially when the religious tend to totally disrespect those of us without religious beliefs.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Oh Yes.
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

The only Brit on earth that kinda makes me want to be British.

Tongue

cheers
[Image: Evolution.png]

We've had an influx of people lately asking for their stupid views to be given respect. Fuck that.

There's nothing left to say

(July 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm)Napoleon Wrote: We've had an influx of people lately asking for their stupid views to be given respect. Fuck that.

Amen, brother....... whoops.
Oh well ... not a problem ...

"If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved." - Russell Lynes
If only you were more representative of islam, Rayaan.

[Image: the-peaceful-islamic-religion-islam-reli...023432.jpg]

But you're not.
Which only applies for self-defense:

"Thus, if they let you be, and do not make war on you, and offer you peace, Allah does not allow you to harm them." (Surah 4:90)

(But call me Spider, from now on, because other members who are new may get confused who you are talking to). Smile
Oh man, I totally agree with Mr. Condell. I do my best to be a calm, compassionate person every day of my life, but the one thing I cannot seem to shake is my hostility towards religion. I react to it as I imagine any truly moral person would react when faced with a case of pervasive and unacceptable social injustice. If I could save humanity from its dangerous delusions, I would. My inability to do so leaves me feeling quite helpless. Kudos to Pat for speaking up.
[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4229 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16556 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism
  9 Questions That Atheists Might Find Insulting Raven 13 6091 June 5, 2013 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Is this insulting? Thor 21 5802 May 7, 2010 at 5:44 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko