Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damnit, Seattle stole my idea!!!
Damnit, Seattle stole my idea!!!
I've mentioned before that Boston wants to have an Atheist Bus Ad campaign, I'm involved with the committee that will be raising the money and hopefully rolling them out in the summer. Of course I checked my feed reader to find this bus ad.

http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/03/05/at...n-seattle/

That was exactly my idea for the Boston bus ad. T.T I wanted to use a founding father quote and then put up the Boston Atheists information and that was one I was looking at, I even feature it on my blog. I wanted to do it that way to show the misunderstanding that people believed the founding fathers mad a Christian nation when a lot where in fact deist and critical of religion. I also wanted ours to be different from the existing bus ads.

Oh well, they beat me to it. Good job, Seattle.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Damnit, Seattle stole my idea!!!
That's an awesome one! glad to see this bus ad thing is catching on.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
I like that one too... better than most opposition signs IMHO.
Awesome!!!
I really like that ... very good, Sorry to hear they beat you to it Elionnwy! but at least there some more "advertising" in the world.
"We need not suppose more things to exist than are absolutely neccesary." William of Occam

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare (Measure for Measure: Act 1, Scene 4)

AgnosticAtheist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purpose? No idea what it is. Cod 54 7301 November 15, 2018 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  My honest reason for disliking the idea of God purplepurpose 47 6097 December 11, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Athena777
  Idea purplepurpose 20 2473 May 22, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Is it a good idea to be an atheist? georgesthegreat 116 17236 March 20, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  do you believe in the illuminati? what do you think of my idea? leodeo 23 4449 May 27, 2014 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  I accidentally stole a copy of the Book of Mormon JesusHChrist 10 2967 April 8, 2014 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Atheism, the short lived idea? solja247 66 19399 March 12, 2014 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  atheism a culture or an idea? christcahinkilla 21 5238 July 23, 2013 at 2:05 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  advertising atheism on the sides of buses...good idea? bozo 77 27268 July 21, 2010 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Super Cynic