Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
READ UPDATE Pg.2 Senate Passes Agreement Before America Defaults @ Midnight
READ UPDATE Pg.2 Senate Passes Agreement Before America Defaults @ Midnight
162 yea to 53 nay, last count on C-Span at 7:03p.m. est. All that's needed is a simple majority for the passage.

Senate vote comes tomorrow.

Of course, big oil and special interests, and corporations loopholes that costs billions in tax dollars remain alive and well.
Raise my hand, if anyone is surprised.

Agreement raises the " ceiling " anywhere between the range of 900 billion up to 2.3 trillion dollars.
I can't even imagine that many zero's as a potential debt maximum. Confused Fall

"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: FINALLY! Passage of the "Budget Control Act" In the House!
Ssshhh....Adrian and Void are probably out celebrating because the corporate whores won again and the lower/middle classes got fucked, again.

Oh Min, they're in another country. They couldn't care less.

Americans are quite adept at fucking Americans.

No need for foreign help.

Chill.
Yeah, no need for foreign help to fuck us, but we get it none the less.
Quirky huh?

I just listen to these talking heads on CSpan saying that if they don't act they'll be leaving unimaginable debt to "our children's children". That tired excuse for everything happening now in policy making; think of the children!

When, if that were truly the case, those same rich bastards who's own kids don't have to worry about the future ever in their lives, would understand that it's only right those with more pay more. And if it's a matter of the kids, well then don't ask their grandma and grandpa to have more cut, so they have to struggle to live on less.

It makes me sick. The whole lot of them were elected to serve by the parents and the grandparents of those kids they use as scapegoats, to put their sniveling partisan loyalty above the good of the country as a whole. They weren't elected by the kids, who are being cared for by parents having to live with what this Congress elects them to suffer because the rich get richer and the working class that help make that possible, work harder to net less.

I'd love to see the whole lot of 'em thrown out of office and a new Constitutional convention ensue that attached term limits to all three branches. Two terms across the board. Let big oil, corporations and special interests find a new whore to pander to their money as often as we're told we have to elect to be screwed because every vote counts on us to bend over and keep on taking it.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
Quote:I'd love to see the whole lot of 'em thrown out of office and a new Constitutional convention ensue

I absolutely shudder to think what kind of fascist/jesus-freak piece of shit would come out of such an event.

What we have now is bad enough but it could be worse.
(August 1, 2011 at 7:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I'd love to see the whole lot of 'em thrown out of office and a new Constitutional convention ensue

I absolutely shudder to think what kind of fascist/Jesus-freak piece of shit would come out of such an event.

What we have now is bad enough but it could be worse.
Oh yeah, way to blow my optimism.
Here I was thinking reasonable, rational forward thinking non-zombie freakish inbreds would gain the upper hand in such a project.

OK, now that I put it like that I blame the poppyseed roll on my burger for leading me to think far right ultra-conservative Fundy psycho's wouldn't stand a chance in orchestrating the lead in a new draft.
FUCK!

Business as usual I guess.

Double Fuck!

Brian Tracy
Quote:Oh yeah, way to blow my optimism.

"Optimists" my young friend, are people who are not paying attention.
Oh, come now. I think optimists are people who are paying attention. And while pessimists see it all circling the drain, and often excuse with; it's not the best but it's better than most! Regardless of what circumstance or issue they're addressing, and while that could be true, it's at our peril if we accept that it's the best we can do.

That's where optimists fit in.

Realizing it's may be OK for some, but we can never ever let ourselves settle for what we're willing to tolerate to keep what we think we hold dear, fearing to lose it because we're not willing to fight for what we want to change.

Brian Tracy
[Image: eternal_optimists-702980.jpg]
(August 1, 2011 at 7:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Ssshhh....Adrian and Void are probably out celebrating because the corporate whores won again and the lower/middle classes got fucked, again.

I've already said this DOZENS of fucking times; I do not support any special interest funding by the government under any circumstances. Can you not get that through your thick skull? What do I have to do, make you a fucking poster? STOP associating me with the exact fucking opposite of my position! It's little more than flame baiting and you know it.

(August 1, 2011 at 7:15 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Oh Min, they're in another country. They couldn't care less.

Americans are quite adept at fucking Americans.

No need for foreign help.

Chill.

I would love to say I don't give a shit, but seeing as your incompetent leaders can cause recessions in my country... No such luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3951 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7601 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7476 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3148 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Senate Trial has started. Brian37 95 3347 February 15, 2021 at 7:22 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1156 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3897 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Impeachment Update onlinebiker 50 3654 December 13, 2019 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Mental Illness Crisis in America T.J. 9 1149 August 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Rabid Republicans in Oregon senate Rev. Rye 5 625 June 22, 2019 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: brewer