Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm new to the site, and looking for a good conversation with my fellow Atheists. :)
I'm new to the site, and looking for a good conversation with my fellow Atheists. :)
Well, I'm new to the site. That seems like a pretty plausable place to start.

I'm Cathee (you can call me Cath though) and I'm an atheist. My story isn't very interesting of how I became an Atheist. I was never raised in a really religious household, despite being christened and inflicted upon with the brand of a 'protestent'. Throughout my younger years, I referred to myself as a 'proddy' - the Scottish term for those under the protestent label - despite not being even remotely interested or aware of Christianities teachings (if you can even call them that.) It was in high school when I was at the age where I was at the 'yeah, I hate the world' stage where I really delved into the logical thinking of an Atheist. I started to question things. Like why there are so many problems in the world? Why is there suffering? Why is there death? You know? I would ask my mother at this point, which she would give the obvious shrug and the typical parent-y reply of 'there just is', to which I recieved an even more disinterested answer from my father. My knowledge of the Atheist world was broadened in my RMPS (Religious and Moral Philisophical Studies) class, my first teacher being a very religious man. A reverend believe it or not. He 'preached' to me and my fellow students that you should not ask questions of God, but just do what He says. That sickened me. Why would he give us the ability to think for ourselves if he didn't want us to ask a few questions on the way? It just didn't make sense. Then, thankfully, I got dealt a teacher that was on a completely different spectrum from the previous lunatic. He questioned everything - with a pessimistic heart, though - and wanted us to think for ourselves. Not have our thoughts and opinions forced upon us. I'm 16 right now, and will most likely return to that class to study the world of Atheism. I don't beleive there is a God. Never has been. Never will be. I very much believe the bible is NOT the word of God, but in fact stories written by different people over time, different things being used as symbols - the way they are used in todays literacy. Jesus being the protagonist, faced with many antagonists, just like any other 'adventure story'. Or whatever you want to refer to the bible as.

You may think 'oh shut up, what do you know? You're sixteen, still at school, and obviously haven't experienced the world' but does that not answer your question? Yes, I am only 16 and am still at school, and no I have not experienced the world, but even I - a typically naive teenager - can realise the absurdities created within the religious minds of those around us. That's how easy it is to open your eyes and realise how much of an unreliable source religion is in comparison to scientific evidence for example. You don't have to think like Darwin, Hawking or Dawkins. You could be the next Jim or Bob and still be able to realise this. Unless you're the pope.

Thanks for reading this bundle of very uninteresting crap I just wrote. Felt the need to let you all in to Cathee's brain. LOL.
Anywho, thanks again.

Cath.
RE: I'm new to the site, and looking for a good conversation with my fellow Atheists. :)
Hehehe, "The World Of Atheism"....also known as the observable universe.
(anybody wanna throw some coin down and invest in an mmo...i have an idea...lol)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: I'm new to the site, and looking for a good conversation with my fellow Atheists. :)
(August 1, 2011 at 8:23 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Hehehe, "The World Of Atheism"....also known as the observable universe.
(anybody wanna throw some coin down and invest in an mmo...i have an idea...lol)
True. xD

Hello, dear.

Watch out for some of the nuttier xtians we have around here....Godschild comes to mind. He actually makes the muslims look good.
(August 1, 2011 at 8:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hello, dear.

Watch out for some of the nuttier xtians we have around here....Godschild comes to mind. He actually makes the muslims look good.

Oh, are they really that bad? Sad
(August 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm)Cathee16 Wrote: Oh, are they really that bad? Sad

[Image: burningcross.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comes to mind.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 1, 2011 at 9:00 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(August 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm)Cathee16 Wrote: Oh, are they really that bad? Sad

[Image: burningcross.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comes to mind.

Oh... Well... That's not good.
Sorry we missed you on chat earlier. Welcome.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(August 1, 2011 at 9:11 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Sorry we missed you on chat earlier. Welcome.

Oh no it's fine. Thanks for the welcome. Smile
(August 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm)Cathee16 Wrote:
(August 1, 2011 at 8:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Hello, dear.

Oh, are they really that bad? Sad

Think of the dumbest xtian you've ever met....double it...and G-C is worse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5330 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
Video Greetings fellow travelers! entheogen 20 1513 September 17, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: entheogen
  Hello, my fellow Homo Sapiens. I salute you. Don Jehuda 48 12313 May 16, 2017 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1961 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 4007 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  looking for an intilectual sparing partner Soldat Du Christ 74 7689 October 24, 2016 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Hello fellow atheists Macoleco 21 1937 August 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Good day from a new member. atjanks 22 5133 January 5, 2016 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Hello fellow nontheists MentalGiant 16 4686 September 16, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: DeathByDespair
  Another man looking for truth Dayron 41 6227 August 18, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato