Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little vindication for Muslims
A little vindication for Muslims
Hardly surprising seeing as how many Muslim civilians have been killed recently.

[Image: njiym7x7nkuh2cnawawxka.gif]

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/Muslim...lence.aspx
RE: A little vindication for Muslims
[Image: TradeCenter.jpg]

Perhaps they are merely less honest than the others?
The question was posed to Muslims, not Al Qaeda.

Imagine if it was Pakistan launching drone attacks on American civilians, wouldn't you think Americans would be a little more against the murder of civilians in that case?
A little vindication for Muslims?

OK.

I think what's forgotten in such poll numbers, when talking about civilians in any hot zone being killed, is that very often the enemy ensconce themselves amid civilians, their own people, so that when a strike occurs their enemy looks like the horrible aggressor guilty of killing innocent men, women and children.

It happened in Vietnam, it happens in Iraq and it happens in Afghanistan.
Those are but three theaters wherein civilians tally in the death toll. I'm sure, as it's a battle strategy, like unto hiding in plain sight, that it's occurred since the inception of war and conflicts. It just makes sense. Blackening the name of one's enemy as a "baby killer", defeats their morale not only in country but when they return home with the label attached.

Not to mention how many of those Muslims listed, (as well as the others) were killed by their own people as "collateral damage". Hell of a term that.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
The poll addresses the percent of people in a community who were of the opinion that the killing of civilians by military force was never acceptable, sure there are Muslim militants who hide in plain site or entice violence that can affect a community but that does nothing to undermine the trend present amongst the community as a whole -The attitudes of Muslims in general towards killing civilians.
Well the victors always argue such actions are justified, using those impeccable principles of moral philosophy,"the ends justify the the means" and tu quoque.

I'm thinking of WW2 and the deliberate targeting of civilians in the fire bombing of Dresden and Hamburg,where around 100,THOUSAND civilians were killed as just retribution,to demoralise the Germans,and boost English morale.

The A bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified at the time (and still,today by many) by arguing that many thousands of US lives were saved.(the ends justified the means)

My own opinion: IF you accept violence as a legitimate means to an end,ultimately, expediency, based on"the ends justify the means" is and must be the only rule. What? You obey rules and LOSE? Oh please.

There is no such thing as 'a just war' (a term invented I think by the devious mind of Augustine of Hippo) Once the killing starts, there is no moral high ground.

I will not even start on my opinion of the presence of US (and Aussie) troops in Iraq and Afghanistan; I get too angry.
(August 4, 2011 at 11:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: TradeCenter.jpg]

Perhaps they are merely less honest than the others?

Damn but that is pretty Shock

And people went to war over it? I know beauty is fleeting, but for shame Sad
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:The question was posed to Muslims, not Al Qaeda.

Now there is an interesting distinction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I did a little estimated calculation. Brian37 13 745 October 28, 2020 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims? WinterHold 17 1299 October 27, 2020 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2443 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Poor Little Orange Turd Can't Grasp It... Minimalist 0 441 July 20, 2018 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ever notice that there are little to no trolls on sites like La Times or WaPo GODZILLA 4 709 June 30, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Little Marco Mouths Off. Accidentally Tells The Truth Minimalist 3 683 May 1, 2018 at 10:30 pm
  And The Noose Gets A Little Tighter.... Minimalist 0 407 February 15, 2018 at 9:30 pm
  A Little Electoral Justice Minimalist 10 1698 November 10, 2017 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Are Muslims the real threat? stupid rightist propaganda WinterHold 73 16213 November 1, 2017 at 9:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ethics Are For Little People Minimalist 0 312 September 22, 2017 at 3:02 pm