Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims?
What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims?
I have found this amazing article that links Macron's hate towards Islam to a more natural cause; the guy is hateful as it seems and biased-twat with grudge against everything Islamic:

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/what-e...lims-40297

Quote: Amid the coronavirus pandemic, the French president’s main policy priority appears to be placing new restrictions on the country’s Muslim community.
French President Emmanuel Macron has once again offered his unsolicited opinion on the purported ‘crisis’ within Islam.

The comments by the French leader come on the back of previous attacks against the Muslim community in the country, with Macron earlier criticising members of the faith for ‘separatism’.
“Islam is a religion that is in crisis all over the world today, we are not just seeing this in our country,” the French president said in a speech introducing a new law to strengthen France’s state ideology of militant secularism, known as Laicite.

Under the existing regime, religious symbols, such as headscarves are banned from schools and educational institutes and women who wear the face veil are subject to fines and prosecution.
The policies stem from the central government, as well on the local authority level, meaning regional politicians can enforce their own hardline interpretation of Laicite.

In such instances, Muslim businesses have been forced to shut down because their owners did not want to sell produce that conflicted with their religious beliefs.
But even this system of restrictions on Islamic practice is not enough for Macron as he prepares a new round of measures.

French Muslims and other critics were quick to respond to his comments, with some questioning why the president had chosen this moment to launch his assault.
“French Muslims must be pretty flattered that in a middle of global pandemic and even a European Council, Emmanuel Macron has taken the time out to tell them all how they should stop becoming Islamist separatists.” Wrote the journalist Mehreen Khan on Twitter.
The political scientist, Bruno Macaes, said: “It’s stunning to watch this. I don’t think any Western leader has ever spoken of Islam like this. There was always a careful distinction between Islam and fundamentalist movements.”

Like many other states across the globe, France is facing its worst economic crisis in decades as the coronavirus pandemic causes havoc within the country.
Continuous protests by the Yellow Vest movement, as well as by minorities protesting police brutality, have further contributed to the instability within the country.

Deep rooted anti-Muslim hatred
Macron’s latest salvo against Islam comes amid the backdrop of traditional French Islamophobia, as well as the realpolitik of contemporary European states.
French colonialism in the Middle East and Africa was justified with overt anti-Islamic reasoning.
In Algeria, French imperialists enforced the removal of the veil and banned native Algerian Muslims from obtaining citizenship unless they dropped their belief in Islam and their use of the Arabic or Amazigh languages.

The culmination of such policies was the brutal war against the Algerian independence movement, which ended in 1962 with the French withdrawal but only after the deaths of at least a million Algerians.

In more recent times, across the US and Europe, anti-Muslim rhetoric has been a powerful tool to win over the electorate and distract from more day-to-day issues, such as unemployment and rising poverty.

In a 2019 report, the Brookings Institute scholar Shadi Hamid wrote: “Demographic fears- even if they don’t correspond to reality- are difficult to ignore in democracies, where the changing ethnic or religious composition of the population can shape and even determine whether a party can win on the local or national level.”

As things stand, both Macron and the far-right Marine Le Pen are polling at 25 percent for the presidential election set for 2022.

As Le Pen’s platform is almost entirely defined by her anti-Islam platform, observers believe Macron is trying to boost his credentials among those who hold anti-Muslim views.

On his Twitter account, the journalist CJ Werleman summarised: “Macron’s political future is in crisis today and he’s turning to the never fail election campaign strategy of inflaming anti-Muslim animus.”
Curiously, The French president has chosen to partner with the UAE, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia to work on establishing his brand of ‘moderate’ Islam.

Macron’s definition of radical Islam stops at French Muslims speaking in Arabic or other languages or wearing headscarves and other religious clothing. It does not extend to regimes in the Middle East who commit massacres, murder journalists or imprison dissidents for tweets.
RE: What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims?
What is your obsession with Macron? It's Muslims who are warmongering, like your beloved Turkey who is in confrontation with most countries along its border, like Greece, Syria, Israel, Cyprus, Iraq, Armenia, Egypt. As well as with further countries like France, Saudi Arabia, UAE.

Quote:And at a time when the world powers can’t seem to agree on anything, they seem to have reached near unanimity that Erdogan is a troublemaker.

Turkey’s pugnacious president has recently been attracting sharp jabs even from those who used to pull their punches. The U.S. State Department has said it “deplores” Turkey’s decision to restart a controversial geological survey of the Eastern Mediterranean, and called on Ankara to “end this calculated provocation.”

This language is some of the strongest that the Trump administration has directed against Erdogan, who has the ear and affection of his American counterpart.

Meanwhile, Russian President Vladimir Putin, described by Erdogan as a “good friend,” is taking a dim view of his role as cheerleader of the Caucasian conflict, where Turkey is enthusiastically backing Azerbaijan against Armenia. The Kremlin has accused Turkey of adding “fuel to the flames” of the long-simmering dispute over the region of Nagorno-Karabakh. A ceasefire called by Moscow has not ended the fighting.

Other sources of criticism are more predictable. French President Emmanuel Macron, who has fulminated against Erdogan for Turkey’s intervention in the Libyan civil war, has added its conduct in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Caucasus to his list of grievances. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who has fended off wider European calls to punish Turkey, finds herself in an awkward position with the resumption of exploration in the troubled waters. It “most certainly would be anything but conducive to the continued development of EU-Turkish relations,” her spokesperson said.

As if all this wasn’t enough, condemnation has come from unexpected quarters — such as India, which was not pleased by Erdogan’s comments about Kashmir to the United Nations General Assembly. “Turkey should learn to respect the sovereignty of other nations and reflect on its own policies more deeply,” sniffed New Delhi’s Permanent Representative to the UN.

The “how” of Turkey’s foreign-policy freefall is well documented: Most of Ankara’s conflicts are of Erdogan’s choosing. He might have easily avoided entanglement in the Libyan civil war or the Caucasian crisis, and held his rhetorical fire on Kashmir. In each instance, he elected to wade in.

The “why” of it all is harder to fathom. Those seeking doctrinaire explanations for Erdogan’s adventurism can choose from neo-Ottomanism, Turkish ethno-nationalism and Islamism. Others point to geopolitics: Turkey, they say, is maneuvering for space in an emerging multipolar order, where it sees itself as a mid-sized world power, with an economic and cultural reach to befit that status as well as the requisite military muscle. Seen in this light, the aggressive foreign policy is an assertion of rights.

The cost in Turkish blood has been remarkably low, not least because a great deal of the fighting is done by foreign mercenaries recruited from the killing fields of Syria. If there is any Turkish presence in the Libyan or Caucasian frontlines, it is more likely to be in the air — showing off the country’s burgeoning capabilities in drone warfare — than on the ground.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articl...dventurism
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 27, 2020 at 3:56 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: What is your obsession with Macron? It's Muslims who are warmongering, like your beloved Turkey who is in confrontation with most countries along its border, like Greece, Syria, Israel, Cyprus, Iraq, Armenia, Egypt. As well as with further countries like France, Saudi Arabia, UAE.

Quote:And at a time when the world powers can’t seem to agree on anything, they seem to have reached near unanimity that Erdogan is a troublemaker.

Turkey’s pugnacious president has recently been attracting sharp jabs even from those who used to pull their punches. The U.S. State Department has said it “deplores” Turkey’s decision to restart a controversial geological survey of the Eastern Mediterranean, and called on Ankara to “end this calculated provocation.”

This language is some of the strongest that the Trump administration has directed against Erdogan, who has the ear and affection of his American counterpart.

Meanwhile, Russian President Vladimir Putin, described by Erdogan as a “good friend,” is taking a dim view of his role as cheerleader of the Caucasian conflict, where Turkey is enthusiastically backing Azerbaijan against Armenia. The Kremlin has accused Turkey of adding “fuel to the flames” of the long-simmering dispute over the region of Nagorno-Karabakh. A ceasefire called by Moscow has not ended the fighting.

Other sources of criticism are more predictable. French President Emmanuel Macron, who has fulminated against Erdogan for Turkey’s intervention in the Libyan civil war, has added its conduct in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Caucasus to his list of grievances. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, who has fended off wider European calls to punish Turkey, finds herself in an awkward position with the resumption of exploration in the troubled waters. It “most certainly would be anything but conducive to the continued development of EU-Turkish relations,” her spokesperson said.

As if all this wasn’t enough, condemnation has come from unexpected quarters — such as India, which was not pleased by Erdogan’s comments about Kashmir to the United Nations General Assembly. “Turkey should learn to respect the sovereignty of other nations and reflect on its own policies more deeply,” sniffed New Delhi’s Permanent Representative to the UN.

The “how” of Turkey’s foreign-policy freefall is well documented: Most of Ankara’s conflicts are of Erdogan’s choosing. He might have easily avoided entanglement in the Libyan civil war or the Caucasian crisis, and held his rhetorical fire on Kashmir. In each instance, he elected to wade in.

The “why” of it all is harder to fathom. Those seeking doctrinaire explanations for Erdogan’s adventurism can choose from neo-Ottomanism, Turkish ethno-nationalism and Islamism. Others point to geopolitics: Turkey, they say, is maneuvering for space in an emerging multipolar order, where it sees itself as a mid-sized world power, with an economic and cultural reach to befit that status as well as the requisite military muscle. Seen in this light, the aggressive foreign policy is an assertion of rights.

The cost in Turkish blood has been remarkably low, not least because a great deal of the fighting is done by foreign mercenaries recruited from the killing fields of Syria. If there is any Turkish presence in the Libyan or Caucasian frontlines, it is more likely to be in the air — showing off the country’s burgeoning capabilities in drone warfare — than on the ground.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articl...dventurism

So Saudi Arabia became the land of peace all of a sudden; huh?
Hilarious 

And Sisi's Egypt which was described by Trump to be "his favorite dictator"
Hilarious Hilarious

lol, your comment should go to the hall of fame, honestly.

Never did I think I see the day that the Sauds finally gain your approval xD
Macron insulted Islam, that's why every Muslim who loves his religion will boycott his products. Even in Canada these kind of cartoon against prophet Mohammed are banned xD

But for the French state to carry this as its national pride, well..then they should've learned something from the Canadians for God's sake.

I dare Macron though to make fun of Jews.
I dare you too xD

lol
At work.

In relation to WinterHold's opening question as to why the French PM's attitude towards seeming religious extremism?

Because both the French phsyche and Islamic extremists are arrogant feks.

Coffee
Marcon is not obsessed with Islam. He is in fact correct by asking the french people to fight islamism, particularly the violent one (which is most of islamism).
(Some) islamists are obsessed with gruesome killing of people for no other reason than them (islamists) being offended by mundane stuff like picures drawn, or words uttered. This is not acceptable and needs to be adressed.

The rest of your drivel is a massive fucking smoke screen.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(October 27, 2020 at 5:55 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: At work.

In relation to WinterHold's opening question as to why the French PM's attitude towards seeming religious extremism?

Because both the French phsyche and Islamic extremists are arrogant feks.

Coffee

Islamic extremists are long overdue for retirement, Macron will not escape his internal crisis by provoking the Islamic community.

Look at my topic here:
https://atheistforums.org/thread-61580.html

Quote:[Image: nav_bit.png] [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of?

More and more Muslims have begun to despise the extremist Muslims who made our societies bleed since the 70s; Especially after ISIS's role in demolishing Syria; Muslims had enough. Now we will simply follow the Quran literally and boycott that who makes fun of our faith:

Quote:Sura 4, The Quran:
https://quran.ksu.edu.sa/index.php?l=en#...rans=en_sh

( 140 )   And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. Indeed, you would then be like them. Indeed Allah will gather the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell all together -

But just like Muslim extremists; French extremists are also long overdue for retirement. It's not the era of Napoleon anymore.
At work.

Hmmm.... Napoleon.

The guy that abolished the Inquisition?
The guy who's political retorms were seen as direct threats to established, 'Decadent' Monarchies?

That some one as far distant in history as Napoleon is who you use as disparagement?

Or is Napoleon the quickest 'Pop culture' referance you can drop in there?

Of course the extremists aren't "True Muslims ™".

*Rolls eyes*

I'm sure such people will listen to your erudite council and change their artist slaying ways.

Coffee
Quote:[Image: nav_bit.png] What explains Macron’s obsession with Islam and Muslims?

What explains YOUR obsession with everyone else?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Do you disagree with Macrons position? That islam is a faith in crisis globally? That islamists have, as you put it, made your societies bleed since the 70's?

Well, that's the basic premise of secularism. That a theocracy abuses by it's nature, and cannot help but to abuse along whatever lines superstition demands. That a properly functioning government -for all of a country's people- will prevent this abuse and reject it's claim to legitimacy through legality. That we can enjoy freedom of and from religion in government.

Do you have these freedoms? What do you think about them? Are they worth fighting for, as a person who's seen a religious bent bleed a global society for 50 years?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 27, 2020 at 3:02 am)WinterHold Wrote: <snipping for brevity>

Look at all the French people being killed by muslims (and you can't really call them extremists) because they exercise their freedom to speak and discuss what in reality are fairly uncontroversial topics. And look also at how the muslim authorities are supremely uninterested in curbing the atrocities carried aout by their fellow religionists and you will get your answer.

Oh, and nice libel associating Macron with the likes of Pegida and AfD.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are Muslims the real threat? stupid rightist propaganda WinterHold 73 16202 November 1, 2017 at 9:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Will Muslims love Trump? They are whiny little bitches just like him. Greatest I am 1 923 September 7, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  America's obsession with guns NuclearEnergy 199 37451 May 17, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily TheRealJoeFish 30 7530 May 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6518 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Do you think Muslims will dominate the world again like they used before? Defender 79 15490 January 3, 2017 at 4:24 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  About Living With Shia Muslims & my Closeness to Shia Political figures Defender 18 3768 October 22, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump and Muslims in America BrokenQuill92 2 700 September 25, 2016 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: abaris
  So what is it with Republicans and their obsession with genitals GoHalos1993 36 3094 May 24, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why real Islam and real Muslims are Evil? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 26 2976 April 8, 2016 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: abaris