Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquake in VA
Earthquake in VA
http://www.gazette.net/article/20110822/...te=gazette

Called my momma, who used to live in Los Angeles. She said she kept on working. Lots of people in her office ran out into the parking lot though. Eventually, someone else who also grew up in L.A. went outside and said "Get back in the building and back to work!"

One of our cats is hiding in a closet, the other barely moved. We didn't feel a thing down here, but apparently Raleigh and other parts of Charlotte did.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Earthquake in VA
Felt it. At first I thought it was the washer (cause it shakes the whole building) but alas I went outside and the ground was still shaking.

I live in VA, about 1 1/2 hours from the epicenter in Richmond.
Yeah, if there was anything here, we probably figured it was the plant - the ground shakes when they drop shit or when the train goes by, etc.
My mother was in a car, and she thought some kids were shaking it from behind as a prank, which is better than what my dad and her are currently spewing. That it is end-times and TALK OF THE CENTURY for VA.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's almost enough to make me want to pull my hair out.
Yeah, that's the first thing I thought people would start doing. We had small earthquakes there a couple times when I was growing up. Idiots.

Still can't get a hold of my dad - Ann said they were evacuating the Pentagon. Why, I don't know.
Yeah, unfortunately there are a lot of idiots where I live..
and I've read a few places say that the pentagon initially thought that it was a terrorist attack.

I hope you get in contact with your father soon!
So the epicenter was what, 80 miles off target? We'll do better next time.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Meh, Dad'll be fine. He's retired army. Probably would be wondering why the fuck people are wasting his time, and getting back home to his horses to check on them.
I heard from friends in Charleston, SC and Long Island, NY and they both felt it.
I felt that shit up here in NY!
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  California Earthquake StuW 14 1603 August 25, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Earthquake in Ottawa Pippy 14 3211 June 29, 2010 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Dotard