Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borowitz: Pat Robertson on the Earthquake
Borowitz: Pat Robertson on the Earthquake
http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/08/24...nd-of-gay/

Quote:Evangelist Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today’s broadcast of his 700 Club program by saying that yesterday’s mild East Coast earthquake was God’s revenge on people “who act kind of gay.”

“All across the Eastern seaboard, there are men who get manicures, wear designer eyewear and know about thread counts,” Rev. Robertson. “God finds this somewhat gay-like behavior confusing, and He responded by getting mildly peeved.”
RE: Borowitz: Pat Robertson on the Earthquake
Isn't he dead yet?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Poor God. People wont listen to him so he has to use earthquakes. Pretty soon he may actually have to come down himself and kick homosexual ass. But I doubt it.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
(August 24, 2011 at 1:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/08/24...nd-of-gay/

Quote:Evangelist Pat Robertson sparked controversy in today’s broadcast of his 700 Club program by saying that yesterday’s mild East Coast earthquake was God’s revenge on people “who act kind of gay.”

“All across the Eastern seaboard, there are men who get manicures, wear designer eyewear and know about thread counts,” Rev. Robertson. “God finds this somewhat gay-like behavior confusing, and He responded by getting mildly peeved.”

Why do people listen to this dumb arsehole who doesnt have the first clue how the world actually works.

And what about all those god fearing straight guys killed by earthquakes?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 24, 2011 at 1:43 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(August 24, 2011 at 1:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/08/24...nd-of-gay/

Why do people listen to this dumb arsehole who doesnt have the first clue how the world actually works.

And what about all those god fearing straight guys killed by earthquakes?

Because they are dumb arseholes who don't have the first clue how the world actually works?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hehehe, poor old Pat, constantly maligned in the media.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funny...ertson.htm

I think the Fatwa at No. 2, and the alternative history of Haiti at No.1 definitely earned their place.

Also...
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/...quotes.htm
(for those who can never get enough)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 24, 2011 at 1:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: .......God finds this somewhat gay-like behavior confusing, and He responded by getting mildly peeved........”

Wow, he psychoanalyzes omnipotence and discovers befuddlement within omniscience.

Talking about projecting yourself into your god.

That this dude has a following amongst christians says something about just how much surplus idiocy there must amongst the jesus following nincompoop, over and above lofty level of stupidity already required for faith.
Wait...so the evangelicals who wear designers labels and get blowjobs in airport bathrooms...aren't...kinda gay?

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Nah, they like rough men, not pansies. Meth addiction gets bonus points.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
LMFAO..great parody article.

I was i the bath tube when the quake happened..it made me sick to my stomach, and my bath water started to make waves like an ocean.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borowitz- A Trumpy Thanksgiving Minimalist 0 436 November 16, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Borowitz 3-2-2018 Minimalist 2 310 March 2, 2018 at 9:59 pm
  Borowitz 11-30-16 Minimalist 5 852 December 1, 2016 at 2:08 am
  Borowitz 9-20-16 Minimalist 0 464 September 20, 2016 at 2:39 pm
  Borowitz - Mexican Judges Minimalist 7 1290 June 6, 2016 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Borowitz Minimalist 2 639 May 16, 2016 at 7:22 pm
  Borowitz: Debate Fireworks Minimalist 3 748 October 28, 2015 at 9:58 pm
  Borowitz - Republican Catastrophe! Minimalist 0 759 June 25, 2015 at 1:39 pm
  Borowitz - April 2 Minimalist 3 1192 April 2, 2015 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Borowitz - Alabama Losing Streak Continues Minimalist 0 698 February 9, 2015 at 6:57 pm