Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hey!
Rainbow 
Hey!
Hello. I am here to learn from others, and have my thoughts provoked. I am a single mother of 3, I am 28, and I live in the southeastern United States. It's hard. I don't have anyone with whom I can share my thoughts, and have had people literally try to hold me down and perform an exorcism. I've had people call child protective services on me, and told them that I am worshiping Satan and performing rituals using my children. The list goes on and on, so that is why I am here. I am an atheist, and the only other atheist I knew died last year on August 30th after a 19 year battle with HIV. He was my best friend. I feel really alone on this pale blue dot. I really don't know why I haven't been here before today. Thank you all for having me.

RE: Hey!
Well welcome! Geez, you sound like you have some stories. Do you mind me asking which state you're in? I'm in NC...where the motto is "at least we're not...every state south of us". You sound like you're somewhere much crazier.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(September 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Well welcome! Geez, you sound like you have some stories. Do you mind me asking which state you're in? I'm in NC...where the motto is "at least we're not...every state south of us". You sound like you're somewhere much crazier.

Nashville, TN

You wouldn't think it would be that bad, but... yep.

Well, if it makes you slightly more comforted in any way, when I lived in Manassas my ex-boyfriend's family got harassed because they had a ouija board. Accusations of satanism, neighbor fights, the whole deal. Even that close to the nations capital, people are fucking nuts.
Quote:Nashville, TN

Even worse than North Carolina.
Most places are. Tongue

I have Christian friends that live in NC.

I hope you pressed charges on the people who held you down.
It was my children's grandparents who did the holding me down thing... their father's parents, and his sister. They're Pentecostal, or something of the tongue speaking sort. They asked me if I would bring the baby to their church to be blessed, and I came out to them as an atheist. They attacked me on the spot, and accused me of screwing a demon, and suggested that my son wasn't really their grandchild but a spawn of some otherworldly hell dwelling creature. I was going to call the cops, but I was glad to just get out of there. I have only seen them from a safe distance since then, and that was 5 years ago. There is a church on every corner here, and people are very set in their delusions/beliefs. Here being an atheist is NOT COOL at all.

Sounds like a great incentive to move.
Yes, I am going to grad school anywhere but here!

(September 1, 2011 at 11:30 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Yes, I am going to grad school anywhere but here!

[Image: ChosenWisely.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3233 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1823 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 609 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey up, you lot. RozzerusUnrelentus 21 2330 January 4, 2021 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Bulxy88 13 2030 July 2, 2020 at 11:00 am