Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone!
Hello everyone!
Hey. Just found these forums, and I though I could share my opinions and have a proper conversation about religion here Smile

I am 16 (soon 17) years old, and I live in Finland. I suppose I've been atheist for my whole life. I'm actually part of the church (because you need to be 18 to leave >_>), because my mom is a Lutheran. Here your mother's religion defines yours as well... Stupid system if you ask me, not even close to freedom of religion.

From the few posts I've read on the forum this seems to be quite anti-religious place... I like it! Tongue Although I suppose all atheist forums are?
RE: Hello everyone!
(September 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm)Santewi Wrote: Hey. Just found these forums, and I though I could share my opinions and have a proper conversation about religion here Smile

I am 16 (soon 17) years old, and I live in Finland. I suppose I've been atheist for my whole life. I'm actually part of the church (because you need to be 18 to leave >_>), because my mom is a Lutheran. Here your mother's religion defines yours as well... Stupid system if you ask me, not even close to freedom of religion.

From the few posts I've read on the forum this seems to be quite anti-religious place... I like it! Tongue Although I suppose all atheist forums are?

Hello and welcome. Don't get too many Finlanders on this forum....so it will be interesting to read your take on stuff.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
We're not as much anti-religious as anti-evasiveness, anti-shit-n-run-posts (fundamentalist preachers are prone to that) and anti-argument-from-incredulity.

That said, welcome.
C'mere buddy, it's "100%" anti-religious within arms reach of me. Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Although I suppose all atheist forums are?

Logical.

Hello.
My gods but your eyes... what happened? Shock

[Image: 47d8bd81a3c38d7097894e13f7cf4fd3.image.175x229.jpg]
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 2, 2011 at 4:56 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: We're not as much anti-religious as anti-evasiveness, anti-shit-n-run-posts (fundamentalist preachers are prone to that) and anti-argument-from-incredulity.

Lol and some of us are thinking we are a little too anti for the forum's good.

Greetings anyway newbie Smile
(September 2, 2011 at 7:03 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Lol and some of us are thinking we are a little too anti for the forum's good.

Greetings anyway newbie Smile

Only the weirdos Smile

I'm about the most supportive person in the world, and anyone who thinks otherwise has never been in dire straights and asked me for assistance Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome to the forums :p
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Hi from Oz Santewi Welcome to the forums
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1404 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2173 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5642 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1888 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7820 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2616 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3835 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1230 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2381 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm