Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay people, behave yourselves.
Okay people, behave yourselves.
I will be gone for 2 weeks. I will be implementing a bar code system in our production plant in Thailand. I might drop by from time to time if the hotel has a decent Internet connection.

Take care.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Okay people, behave yourselves.
cool have fun!
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Wow! Lucky you! Let us know your experiences. Miss U already!

[Image: asit.gif]
Fr0d0 Wrote:Miss U already!

Isn't there something in the bible about bearing false witness? Wink But I thank you for the sentiment.

This is my last check on the forums, I leave in 45 minutes. 12 hours to Bangkok, and with the rotation of the Earth and the timezone difference it will be 07:15 when I land. Jet lag here I come. Smile
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(March 20, 2009 at 5:28 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: I will be gone for 2 weeks. I will be implementing a bar code system in our production plant in Thailand. I might drop by from time to time if the hotel has a decent Internet connection.

Hope it goes well mate Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I survived the plane trip. A Boeing 747-400 from China Airlines. Lovely looking stewardesses, good food, and I saw 3 movies on the flight. Twilight, better than I thought it would be, 4 Christmas parties, which sucked but Reese Witherspoon is nice, and The day the earth stood still with Keanu Reeves, a remake from the classic.

I just had a quick nap and went out to look around in the area surrounding the hotel. This part of Bangkok (I haven't seen any other part yet) is lots of small streets, lots of small vendors selling cheap brand logo knock-off stuff and food. It feels a little like when I was in Suriname.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
Twilight was good after the first 40 minutes of utter boredom. The whole movie gets a 3/5, but the movie sans first 40 minutes gets a 4.5/5 for sure.
(March 22, 2009 at 5:00 am)leo-rcc Wrote: I survived the plane trip. A Boeing 747-400 from China Airlines. Lovely looking stewardesses, good food, and I saw 3 movies on the flight. Twilight, better than I thought it would be, 4 Christmas parties, which sucked but Reese Witherspoon is nice, and The day the earth stood still with Keanu Reeves, a remake from the classic.

I loved "Twilight" though I concede it was more like the opening episode of a series than a fully fledged series, I hated "4 Christmases" (a weak romantic comedy for the "Sex In The City" generation that I couldn't even begin to relate to, even Witherspoon couldn't save it) and I gave up on "The Day The Earth Stood Still" when I heard all the negative comments about it (I'm a huge fan of the original) ... I'll wait until it comes on TV.

Glad you got there OK Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I'm back home again. The past 2 weeks have been exhausting. 13 to 15 hour working days, troubleshooting, routing issues, and preparing a budget for the next fiscal year while not in your own office are not fun.

Bangkok was nice, I spent Sunday just wandering through the various parts of Bangkok just hopping on the skytrain and get of at a random station and look around. The rain season started a month early it seems, I've had downpours with lightening both in Kabinburi and Bangkok that weren't supposed to be as heavy as that until mid May.

On the flight back I slept through a Jim Carry movie (something about saying yes all the time) which i could not be bothered with, Then I watched "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith and Rosario Dawson that was quite good, and Frank Miller's "The Spirit" with Gabriel Macht and Samuel L. Jackson. It was okay and poking some good fun at the superhero genre.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
Take any pics?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2891 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
Last Post: brewer
  Alex K: I Hope He's Okay Rhondazvous 33 3561 November 17, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 991 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  Still a Christian - ask me questions/tell me about yourselves speedyj1992 194 32199 December 2, 2017 at 5:32 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Okay, crucify me Foxaèr 10 1561 April 12, 2016 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Athene
  Are you okay with your (or your partner's) vajayjay? Whateverist 242 29776 October 9, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Is everything okay with you folks? Tartarus Sauce 47 7037 July 26, 2015 at 4:22 am
Last Post: c172
  Okay Ladies..... Minimalist 21 4302 June 18, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Okay so I bought this stupid antique... Aractus 13 2351 January 15, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Okay, If Odd Rules Usually Reflect Prior Behavior Jenny A 8 1983 December 18, 2014 at 6:23 am
Last Post: abaris