Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harry Potter
Harry Potter
For all you Potter fans out there:
1. Which character reminds you of yourself in some ways. Name three ways that character is like you.
3. Which scene of the Potter series (in the first book) gripped you enough to read all the way through?
4. Have you seen all of the movies, which one was the best and why?
5. Which character would you have saved and which one would you have killed instead? Why save? Why kill?
6. What characters were your favorites, why?
7. What books would you recommend for HP fans?

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
RE: Harry Potter
oh dear Tongue
Cunt
I started reading the first Harry Potter book back in 2001; it was a friend's copy and I just happened to pick it up while visiting one day. Then shortly afterwards, the first film came out and it almost became compulsory. I lost all interest at that point. If it wasn't for all the satanism and hidden sexual depravity, I probably wouldn't know anything about the franchise.

So I'm afraid I can't answer your questions. Then again, they weren't aimed at me anyway. Don't read this reply.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I have seen all the Harry Potter movies. Loved the first one but became increasingly disappointed by the total absence of sex magic. Wink Shades

By the last movie, I found I was no longer able to suspend disbelief,it just seemed silly.

I HAVE heard 'The Deathly Hallows' in audio book,read by Stephen Fry,and liked it. (took over a month)
Let's face it, anything read by Stephen Fry would be an instant classic. If he did an audio book of the serving suggestion on a packet of rice, it would hit the top ten bestsellers list.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 19, 2011 at 6:48 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Let's face it, anything read by Stephen Fry would be an instant classic. If he did an audio book of the serving suggestion on a packet of rice, it would hit the top ten bestsellers list.

Oh yes.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
1. Which character reminds you of yourself in some ways. Name three ways that character is like you.

Oh, geez. I hate comparing myself to other people, even if they are fake. Um, I guess Ron Weasley. I'm pretty awkward. People stuff makes me nervous. However, I make a decent good guy. I don't know. That was lame, but as close as I could get. People who know me would probably say Granger. My sense of self is off.

3. Which scene of the Potter series (in the first book) gripped you enough to read all the way through?

Hmm, a lot of the stuff about Harry's existence with his "adopted" family and about his parents. I can't say I was "gripped" in the first book. The series gripped me more when it became less juvenile.

Yes. I don't really know which one was best. Sorry, it all seems like one long movie to me.

5. Which character would you have saved and which one would you have killed instead? Why save? Why kill?

Um, Tonks or Lupin. They were cool. Kill -- Lucius Malfoy, because he was a sniveling coward. It made me uncomfortable to read about him.

McGonagall and Dumbledore. I think all teachers should be that cool and that concerned about their students.

The Hunger Games trilogy.
(September 19, 2011 at 6:19 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I started reading the first Harry Potter book back in 2001; it was a friend's copy and I just happened to pick it up while visiting one day. Then shortly afterwards, the first film came out and it almost became compulsory. I lost all interest at that point. If it wasn't for all the satanism and hidden sexual depravity, I probably wouldn't know anything about the franchise.

So I'm afraid I can't answer your questions. Then again, they weren't aimed at me anyway. Don't read this reply.

Haha! Don't worry, I'm happy you shared your thoughts. I read the books after all of them were released and the sixth movie came out. I only did it because people were saying "it was soooo good" so I gave a try and I really loved it. Very exciting.
(September 19, 2011 at 6:37 pm)padraic Wrote: I have seen all the Harry Potter movies. Loved the first one but became increasingly disappointed by the total absence of sex magic. Wink Shades

By the last movie, I found I was no longer able to suspend disbelief,it just seemed silly.

I HAVE heard 'The Deathly Hallows' in audio book,read by Stephen Fry,and liked it. (took over a month)

Listening to books is...tough for me, I can't concentrate on the imagery. I need to read it for myself, but I don't read every book, I usually watch the movies first.
Thanks for answering Shell B! I'm going to post my answers tomorrow.
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6
(September 19, 2011 at 5:37 pm)salty Wrote: For all you Potter fans out there:

My Answers:
1. I would say that I'm like McGonagall.
2. Calm, thoughtful, defensive in combat.
3. When Voldemorts disgusting little body came scrabbling out of the bushes to drink the unicorn's blood...I knew this series was going to get intense, that was a dark scene and the Dark Lord was a gross character.
4. I have seen all the movies and the Goblet of Fire is the best one in my opinion. I thought that the competition was a really good way for us to understand the magical world, which made it all real.
5. I would have saved Sirius Black and I would have killed Bellatrix instead. I loved Sirius and cried when he was ripped away from Harry, he was such a great father figure for him and mentor...and I loved the actor Gary Oldman too. I absolutely hated Bellatrix because of her twisted devotion to pure bloods and to Voldemorts plans. I also hated that she was so powerful and she killed Sirius!
6. Sirius, Dumbledore & Lupin were my favorites, they were really cunning and powerful, they made me feel safe, when they died it was like the whole HP world crumbled!!
7. Fablehaven Series

What book would I recommend for Harry Potter fans........ hmmmm...

The Bible, it too is full of magic and fiction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harry Dean Stanton Dead Crossless2.0 10 1299 September 20, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Christian Harry Potter mcolafson 5 720 December 8, 2016 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Sex in Harry Potter? Rhondazvous 23 2859 December 14, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince Eilonnwy 17 7468 July 8, 2009 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki
  Is Prince Harry the best advocate for the UK to become a republic? bozo 26 8706 January 13, 2009 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: bozo