Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you still be an atheist after this?
Can you still be an atheist after this?
Sorry if this has already been posted. I saw it and felt I had no choice but to post it myself.

I didn't hear anything that sounded remotely like evidence, although I did hear a few utterly false claims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8R2IRc3...re=related

Talk, talk, talk. Still an atheist.

RE: Can you still be an atheist after this?
Yeah I watched it and although it was a struggle, I managed it.

Is that Lee Strobel?

Ugh.. yes. Lee Strobel.

(September 19, 2011 at 9:25 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Ugh.. yes. Lee Strobel.

Okie dokie, I thought that was who it was.

(September 19, 2011 at 9:15 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I didn't hear anything that sounded remotely like evidence, although I did hear a few utterly false claims.

Evidence Strobel calls the “The 5 E’s” What a fucking ridiculous bunch of bull shit. Cyclical on every level!

The supposed evidence of why Christianity is more legit than anyone else, the five E's:
Execution: The Bible says, no one else does
Empty Tomb: The Bible says, no one else does.
Eye Witnesses: 515 … once again according to the Bible and no one else.

Early Records: Since Strobel gives no reference to these early records – they can only be considered non-existent, and often the ones that do exist are circumstantial at the VERY best.

Emergence of the Church: The muslims emerged. The Buddhists emerged. The Hindu’s emerged. Every religion comes from some place and some time. Dipshit.

Analysis of Strobel’s jesus rant: Shut up gullible dumb-fuck sheep-man.
[Image: Evolution.png]

They have better snakeoil salesmen, but the caveat emptor for this shit should be caveat stultus.
Trying to update my sig ...
Urg, that guy is a silly, silly man. I watched his documentary once. It was depressing. His wife was a cotton headed ninnymuggins too.
Oh yes, I am still an atheist ! There are many myths from the past that I don't believe, not just this one. But if someone wants to believe that there is a god that required a human sacrifice, an innocent man tortured to death to make him happy, let them enjoy their delusions. Just don't tell me that I will also be tortured after I die because I don't believe this story and because the first two defective people that his god created ate the wrong fruit for breakfast !! You would think that if god's creation was defective he would put out a recall and start over. But no, Christians think he cursed us all to hell because of what the first two did.
Christianity is such a bloody religion. It is the only religion that uses an instrument of torture as their icon and they are proud of it.
Also, if Jesus did come back to life, where is he? Funny thing, nobody has seen him in 2000 years. I know, Christians say he went to heaven, which happens to be where all the dead Christians go (they think), so . . . he's dead !!
It is the same old apologetic s*** just dressed up to look good to unsuspecting people.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Angry about Abraham and Isaac zwanzig 29 1995 October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 18657 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 539 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8268 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  7th grader commits suicide after being told that he is going to Hell. Jehanne 12 1498 December 9, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1450 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89328 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christian family fined after arguing taxes 'against God's will' zebo-the-fat 19 2114 July 23, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5595 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 65371 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian