Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Deadly Sins
Another thread got me thinking about the seven deadly sins. Just wanted to know which of these is you guys' favourite to commit, and why people think they're so bad? Theists, if you want to give a reason why these things are bad, it's going to require an argument that doesn't already pre-suppose the existence of God. I don't want this thread to boil down to another 'prove God exists' debate. Here's the list:

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

I think lust is my favourite. I'm a very lusty person. Then again, I love eating, so gluttony is cool too. Also, I enjoy the occasional day of sitting around doing absolutely nothing. It's so hard to choose. So many great sins, how can I pick just one?
RE: Seven Deadly Sins
Sloth/Apathy is mine.

Whenever things fuck up, don't go as planned, communication breaks down or relationships fall apart I withdraw into myself and stop caring. Self-loathing for decaying into a sloth begins resulting in a downward spiral into depression. This happens quite often. I guess if you're an underachiever hating yourself is only natural. Sleepy
Way to fight the 'these sins aren't so bad' corner, WC.
(September 20, 2011 at 7:32 am)ElDinero Wrote: Way to fight the 'these sins aren't so bad' corner, WC.
You just want all the sins for yourself. Big Grin
That's greed for you.
Lets have a look......

Lust,
Trouble with lust is that it doesn't always lead to sex. Though I do lust after Aprillia's RSV4

Gluttony
No, I can't actually do this one, I don't have the room for all that food in my stomach. More's the pity.

Greed,
again not really, as long as I've got enought to put fuel in my bike.

Sloth,
Unforunately don't have the time for this one. Wish I did.

Wrath
Funny this one since Yahweh is supposedly a "wrathful god"

Envy,

Only of Ron Jeremy. Big Grin

Pride, Why not? why not take pride in the things I've accomplished.
Or am I supposed to attribute my achievements to god?
Fuck that.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Two words

Nigella Lawson Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Those aren't sins, they are a checklist!
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
All the seven sins piss god off, so they are all my favorite :p
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Lust, obviously. Lusting feels good even if it doesn't lead to sex.

Why it is a problem for some? I have no fucking clue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanic Seven Tenets Smedders 0 439 December 29, 2019 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Smedders
  The Satanic Seven Tenets Smedders 0 303 December 29, 2019 at 6:36 am
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 518 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
  The Seven Types of Christians Foxaèr 20 6346 May 6, 2018 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What if Jesus died for his own sins? Nihilist Virus 32 5524 August 27, 2016 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  The Seven Godly Sins BrianSoddingBoru4 10 2171 March 6, 2016 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What Exactly Are Sins? Nope 146 20431 July 27, 2015 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Wake up jesus didn't die for your sins dyresand 54 10350 April 19, 2015 at 1:01 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Sins Nope 149 17544 March 23, 2015 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Sinful Believers Wearing Their Sins freedomfromforum 114 28305 October 31, 2013 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas