Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctor prescribes jesus in UK.
Thumbs Down 
Doctor prescribes jesus in UK.
Fundy quack comes unstuck.
RE: Doctor prescribes jesus in UK.
I proscribe nails in the wrists and spear to the side for the doctor.
Facepalm
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Daffy Doc.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Totally out of bounds. When I was in a psych. hospital for depression and a doctor pushed Christianity on me I probably would have exploded. Doctors should never push one religion on a depressed person. The closest they can go is stating the patient might get some benefit by studying different religions. Pushing Christianity in that type of setting is not only extremely offensive, but most likely illegal too.

Besides, in those places there is always at least one patient in there with you that tries to get you to turn your life over to god. The jokes on them though, because I never turned to god and was able to keep my depression 90% under control, which is more than anyone in my situation could hope for.

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant. It frustrates me when I hear doctors telling depressed people stupid things, because I had to deal with it for most of my adult life. This shit just fucking PISSES ME OFF!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
You know, I can't count all the times I've read a Chick Tract and seen Doctors coming up and saving people out of nowhere.

Here's one of the most blatant examples:
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1034/1034_01.asp

P.S. Woo Hoo! 800th Post!
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Dr. Douchebag should be fired.
What century is this again?
Any mention of supernatural magic and similar fairytales is totally inappropriate and irrelevant in a clinical setting, unless it is something the patient wishes to discuss. This much should be obvious to anyone with even the bare minimum number of braincells. If that doctor had danced and chanted his way around the room rattling a bagful of bones and feathers, he would have achieved the same results and even moderate xtians, I suspect, would be baying for his blood.

Sorry to keep harping on about my experiences again, but something of a similar nature happened to me during counselling sessions sometime last year. First, a little background is required. To be accurate, it was a session of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which was described to me as "counselling on the cheap". The 'counsellor' had already expressed to me her distrust of conventional medicine, which set off the "yellow alert; shields up" flag in my head. It was when she was lecturing me on fatalism and how everyone has their time to die that I decided that enough was enough. I politely bade her farewell at the session's end and never returned.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that in a clinical setting, the patient is - must be - the focus of the session. The personal opinions of the doctor or whoever it might be is wholly irrelevant. The doctor in this particular case, if the story is an accurate portrayal of events, deserves everything he gets.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A doctor's experience with the afterlife TaraJo 13 5070 October 24, 2012 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13151 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard