Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something everyone should hear
Something everyone should hear
although he quotes something from the bible, this video just made a huge impact on me. I dont want to sound like an emotional gay kid, but this... Just watch it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5e9hoyOqw
"Truth can never be reached by just listening to the voice of an authority." -- Francis Bacon

RE: Something everyone should hear
@ReB

Have you watched the whole movie? (The Great Dictator) Worth tracking down.
The great dictator is by far the best movie Charles Chaplin ever made. The fact that he made the movie at the start of WW2 started makes it even more insightful, as most Americans were not aware of the fascism the NAZI regime entailed. Hitler banned the movie in all occupied German countries (of course), but apparently he had seen the movie himself at least twice after the ban in private screening.

Not to mention it is funny as well.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I have never seen the whole movie. I just happend to come across the link to this video in another forum. (rules 1 and 2)
"Truth can never be reached by just listening to the voice of an authority." -- Francis Bacon

(September 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm)ReB Wrote: I have never seen the whole movie. I just happend to come across the link to this video in another forum. (rules 1 and 2)

Yeah, well, I would highly reccomend everything that Chaplin directed, from the shorts that make up the Chaplin Revue all the way up to Limelight. Of course, most of his films are OOP, and Criterion is only releasing them at a snail's pace; right now, only The Great Dictator and Modern Times are in print, but, if you were only to watch two Chaplin films, those two might be the best choices. That and City Lights. And The Gold Rush. And Monsieur Verdoux. And...
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Wow. Alright I'll go for it. I'd download it but my torrents stopped working >Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something The Pro-Life Crowd Has Never Considered Minimalist 15 1677 October 14, 2017 at 12:55 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Occasionally you stumble across something funny yet poignant. Jackalope 1 1061 December 7, 2014 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little something for fellow Terry Pratchett fans The Valkyrie 0 737 November 26, 2013 at 3:44 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Something Special Rayaan 1 904 November 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Something Cool Rayaan 1 1240 March 4, 2012 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Forsaken
  The sort of thing you never hear from a mic.... The Grand Nudger 4 1336 September 30, 2011 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  I've changed my mind on something VERY important... theVOID 5 2035 May 28, 2011 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  The Original Call Project on Youtube is something to check out. Nebulous1982 10 3359 March 21, 2011 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus