Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just in case anyone doesn't understand
Just in case anyone doesn't understand
that the fucking cops are owned by the corporate thugs.

http://www.truth-out.org/lawrence-odonne...1317150171
RE: Just in case anyone doesn't understand
Oh, it is blatantly obvious. I can't believe how few people actually know this is happening right now. Those fuckers. I will say this, though, this protest might set the stage for the next few years.
Quote:Oh, it is blatantly obvious. I can't believe how few people actually know this is happening right now

Few? I Googled 'occupying wall street" yesterday,and got 21,300,000 hits.

The situations is being widely reported all over world. Perhaps you're mistaking indifference and apathy for ignorance.

Plus the mind boggles at the probable US reaction if any country had the gall to interfere in American domestic affairs. You know,like the US does, constantly. Angel Cloud
Yes, few. You may be getting millions of hits on Google, but there are billions of people. Typically, when something newsworthy happens, I have at least 30 people on my facebook and who knows how many on my Twitter commenting about it. I saw nothing until yesterday and that post got a bunch of people saying, "Holy shit. I didn't know that was happening." (paraphrasing, of course) More people know now than did a week ago, but it is still under-reported. I bet you would return more hits for a Charlie Sheen meltdown than this.

ETA: Occupy wall street got five million hits. Occupying wall street got two million.
It seemed to me, Pad, that when the Tea Party morons were trying to drive the economy over a cliff with the debt ceiling crisis ( that they created) more Americans were concerned about whether or not there would be a settlement of the NFL lockout.

My respect for the average American continues to ebb.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why NATO doesn't give to Ukraine plan of membership? Interaktive 39 1586 April 24, 2022 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Help Me Understand This BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1159 January 14, 2022 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3575 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Does anyone understand Trumps base? Atomic Lava 72 6389 June 13, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  I don't understand.... GODZILLA 6 1006 July 7, 2019 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone just watch POTUS/Nacy/Chuck? Brian37 5 647 December 12, 2018 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Brian37
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1019 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Coming From Anyone Else This Would Just Be The Usual Nauseating Shit Minimalist 3 827 October 24, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Joods
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 8101 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  But It Doesn't Matter When There's A Republicunt In Charge! Minimalist 25 3762 July 31, 2018 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: johan