Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Username Story
Username Story
I've noticed a lot of us have some quite unique, and others not so unique usernames.

Some of you guys here have awesome avatars and signatures and usernames. In this thread, tell us why you picked the username you did, the avatar you did or the signature even.

I picked this name over 10 years ago. Around 2001, I used to roam around an old gaming site. Back then, the internet was still quite a new thing. The majority of people did not have internet back then. I had dial up connection back then, and it took over a minute to load a page. I got so bored of waiting and waiting. Well when I started going to the forums, I needed a name, and well, it the name just popped in my head...

Loading... Please Wait.. ARGHHH!! Tongue

Well as you can see my avatar is pretty much a Loading Please Wait sign. It really doesn't symbolize much, after all, I am quite a patient person ha. I think everyone can agree waiting for internet pages to load is quite annoying Tongue

Anyway and my sig is a loading bar. I was thinking about changing my avatar and sig to be more personal. Maybe a picture of myself. I've only been here a little over a month now tho, but I feel very welcomed here, and I love the sense of humor you guys have here.

I'm still warming up a bit, but I really like it here Smile

So what's your story?
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: Username Story
Really cool , and i like your sig and avatar.
I really like fallout 3 and new vegas, everything else is pretty much self explanatory.
I love video games and I'm a leaderboard competitor.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
I picked it at random from an MSN name generator.

When people actually started thinking I had a napoleon complex I kinda just went along with it.

My avatar is a sloth. I like sloths so why the fuck not?

My sig is Rammstein and a sloth. I like Rammstein and sloths so why the fuck not? Big Grin
The Winter Saint gave me my name. One day we were arguing, as old friends do, about stupid shit, including which season was the best. Obviously you can tell which sides we came down on. I was going through a difficult time and he was doing his best to bolster me and tell me what sort of strength I had, and I think he told me I was his "once and future summer queen". Or something along that line.

The quote in the sig is to remind myself to always keep 'summer' in my heart. The sig pic that Cinjin so nicely made for me is a manip of my lower-back tattoo.

My avatars are chiefly impulse or whim. My current one is a crop from a family photo last Thanksgiving. I was missing my longer hair and I can't wait to grow it all back.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Contrary to popular belief, answers is an actual person. I came here looking for her but she wasn't here. But I decided to stay anyway.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
I chose Minimalist to annoy the shit out of some creationist shitwit on another board who was always prattling on about how his fucking bible was the literal word of fucking god.

I wasn't even really convinced about the minimalist school at the time but it was worth it to fuck with his head. He hated my very name!

Sometime later the Great Egyptian God Min tapped me on the shoulder with his shlong and said "keep up the good work."
My username is a character from a series of books I read. It's my favorite series at the moment, so I use it for various sites. Ironically enough, people seem to think it's very masculine and assume I'm male. I'm not. *shrugs*

My sig is just a quote I like. When I find another I like as much, I'll change it.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
guess, winner gets repped or sex. (careful how you read that)
Frankie J is my nickname anyway, so it is what I usually use... I also found out recently that it is the name of a mexican rapper... who knew...

As for my avatar, anyone who has spent some time talking to me will know that I am a zombie fanatic....
Cunt
Do I get to choose?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 521924 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 848 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1151 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2713 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1169 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2266 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A story Apollo 2 412 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Another story from the "Dumbass" files, me. Brian37 63 2962 October 27, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Sal
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1511 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The one sentence story, #1. Gawdzilla Sama 12 782 September 20, 2018 at 4:40 am
Last Post: ignoramus