Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loved ones in heaven?
Loved ones in heaven?
Ok, little lost on the idea of this.. ok. Jesus says when you go to the great big disneyland in the sky. that you will be able to be up there with all your loved one's. Ok if this senerio is true (chuckles) . What about the loved ones that go to hell. i mean obviously they are not going to be in hevean if they are in hell. so the only way is for the ones in heaven to go down to hell to see their loved ones. I'm not seein that written anywhere in the bible. Hense the reason that the bible was written by a bunch of drunk idiots that where seeing shit..because when you don't think shit through and make stuff fit. people will start to think. wtf is these guys talking about..
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
RE: Loved ones in heaven?
I think one life with my family is enough, thank you very much!

I'd rather be chillin' with cool people... Like Hendrix... Or Anton LaVey... Oh wait... i have the wrong place.
Cunt
Yeah, I know what your saying. Heaven ain't heaven when you have loved ones in hell. Could you be happy in heaven knowing that your family members are being tortured for all eternity for the dumbest of reasons? Don't think so, you have to be a very heartless prick to not care or be unaffected. Which makes you wonder how the hell you got into heaven in the first place.

On one forum a theist said " You will be changed, so much so that you would no longer care, you'll be a different person". My response was "Then I would no longer be me, the person that I truly am would no longer exist", might as well send me into oblivion, the outcome would be the same.

If good people go to hell, then there is no heaven, for it would feel as hell with the knowledge of good people being tortured below you. I'd rather share their pain, rather than be in bliss and looking down apone them, watching them suffer.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
lol, my dad keeps saying that I need to believe in jesus and accept him as my savior because he doesnt want to live and eternity without me there. I'm like if that's the only reason hell no....lol sorry for the pun.. but i have raised my son to think for himself and to question everything. So that's shit right there that is going to get you sent to any form of hell no matter what. because for some reason "god" gave you the ability to think but punishes you for doing it. (must be one of those test things..lol) But i would rather spend and eternity in hell for shit that is fun with my family then and eternity in heaven doing what? because in hell the tell you what's going on but in heaven they really don't tell you.. just says that you will be weightless and happy.. your prolly up there kissing god's ass all eternity long. lol
Bill Maher: If you believe that the world is going to come to an end - and perhaps any day now - does it not drain one's motivation to improve life on earth while we're here?
Lol @ your dad. He's selfish.

I'm 26, I've lost:

Mum
Stepdad
Son
Best friend

Sadly I won't see them again. You Just have to live and get on with life and let those freaks waste there only time on trying to persuade people to waste much of their life chasing weird baseless fantasies thought up by goat herders. Ce la vie.
Heaven for the climate, hell for the company, Toby.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
ahh i see summer, so i guess hell must be in miami...lol
Mark Twain quote, sugar.

I wouldn't let yourself get worked up about it too much. Just make sure you appreciate your loved ones, and all of us ( Big Grin ), while you can.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
As usual, George Carlin said it best:

(Starts about 50 seconds in.)

I agree that you just have to love people while you are here. I don't believe heaven exists and I don't see how the fear of going to hell is any good reason to be "saved" by "jesus". Why not focus on doing good in THIS life?

(October 6, 2011 at 2:04 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: I'm 26, I've lost:

Mum
Stepdad
Son
Best friend

Sadly I won't see them again. You Just have to live and get on with life and let those freaks waste there only time on trying to persuade people to waste much of their life chasing weird baseless fantasies thought up by goat herders. Ce la vie.

Wow. All of that at 26? I'm so sorry. Just wanted to jump in and give some (((HUGS))) for what they are worth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4527 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5476 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5533 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13657 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19127 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3273 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "heaven" meme on facebook drfuzzy 34 7745 May 2, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Are there animals in heaven? Mermaid 53 8510 November 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My thoughts on heaven dyresand 24 7184 November 3, 2015 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Bible way to Heaven sinnerdaniel94 362 52640 October 14, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie