Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is Love?
What is Love?
This question has been asked countless times. What is love?

There is no objective way to measure love. No two people will ever agree on the exact definition of love.

We all know the story of the girl or guy claiming they are in love. We see this all over social networks, young girls posting things like "I love you soo much you are my true love the love of my life and I never want to let you go <3 I'm so in love with you."

Oh my God (<< ROFLOL) Get over yourself. This is not just a one time event. Every day, sometimes hours later, she will post something similar with different words. "I love you baby so much more than anything in the world my everything <3."

Ohhh the drama! Shut the fuck up!!! You are not in love you stupid attention seeking whore! You are fucking 14 years old!

I'm glad the only girls underage I have on any social site are family/related to me. It's ridiculous.

So now on to my interpretation of what love is.

I met my current girlfriend 3 years ago. From the moment I met her, we clicked. We met our freshmen year of college. Tomorrow makes our 4th month "anniversary" of actual dating.

If you want to read the whole story of how we started dating, click below.

Anyway, I've never felt this way about anyone before. I think it's the simple fact that we are so comfortable with each other. I've never felt so at ease with a woman before, and she told me she has never felt so at ease and comfortable with a man before. We are ourselves around each other. I don't put her on a pedestal and treat her like a Goddess.

She feels the same way about me. We feel so comfortable around each other, and we are so open and honest with each other. I know she is not perfect, and I don't expect her to be, and she feels the same way. WE ARE HUMANS. There is no perfect human. Too many times have I heard "I love you so much! You are PERFECT!".... NO ONE IS PERFECT!

And that's why so many relationships fail. Expectations.

And this is where my interpretation of love is coming from.
To me, love is not finding someone who if perfect, but finding someone and accepting them for all their imperfections, just the way they are. By doing this it is so easy to be open, and comfortable around each other.

Too many people are fake, and that's a horrible thing. I am myself 100% around my girlfriend. I don't have to act like I'm rich or strong, or play guitar awesome or anything. I don't have to put on an act, and I never will. She loves me for exactly who I am, and I love her for exactly who she is.

So many times do we see couples act so fake in front of others, yet behind closed doors it's mass chaos. They put on acts in front of others. It's sad to see these kind of things happen.

I know this is a long post, but I was just wondering what is you guys' thoughts about love.

There's really no right or wrong answer, it's all up to how you interpret it to be.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
RE: What is Love?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA

Learn to title threads... Wink

Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
But it's not just accepting each other - you accept your friends as well. It's when that person makes you feel like champagne is running through your veins, or like the moon's light ought to be shining out of your face, you're smiling so much. Being in love is as much how you react to that person as how you act towards them. It alters you, hopefully for the good, so that you not only feel like a better person, you want to be a better person.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Love is nature's trick to get us to reproduce.
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
The OP is a rant, not really in tune with the name of the thread. However, my answer to the title, with regard to the OP, would be "none of your business." Love is something that other people should just ignore if they don't like it. Who are you to say it is an act? Let people have their mushy moments. Why take away moments of revealed happiness from someone when life is bound to deliver them heartaches as well? I say "Let There Be Love!" There is too much other bullshit. Life would be a barren wasteland without it.
(October 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote: Love is nature's trick to get us to reproduce.

LMAO ... jaded much?

(good one though)

found the cheesiest song I could find ...

[Image: Evolution.png]

(October 7, 2011 at 8:10 pm)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote: [Insert Haddaway's music video for What Is Love here]

Learn to title threads... Wink

Heart

Dammit, you beat me to the punch!

Well, there's always the SNL version that everybody knows this song from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzBCbXCgbtY
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The lyrics to this song brilliantly define love... for me, anyway. Also, it's one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKzHRVGexWk

(October 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm)searchingforanswers Wrote: Love is nature's trick to get us to reproduce.
How right you are.

Its like ironing shirts - its a waste of time and energy. Hopefully the human race will evolve beyond this dead-end so we can just skip the distraction of that romance bullcrap and get straight down to procreation.

We'd all live far happier and longer lives without love, and ironing shirts.
(October 8, 2011 at 12:48 am)Welsh cake Wrote: We'd all live far happier and longer lives without love, and ironing shirts.

I kinda liked love.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1223 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne