Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget cuts, you're the President.
Wink 
Budget cuts, you're the President.
After reading the NASA thread, with most of you complaining about it's budget cuts, what would you all cut. And try be specific and give reasons, not one word answers. Also would you bring in new taxes, cut them, or what?

I personally would cut funding from the war on drugs, it's a total failure and costs a frickin fortune.

I would also bring in a bankers tax on bonuses(if you dot already have it). A way of clawing back some money from their disastrous fuckups.

Also I would bring in a progressive personal tax system. For example in the UK we have £7500 tax free, then 20% up to £35000 then after that it's 40% for £35k and up, then at £150000 and up it's 50%. some hate it, but I think the rich should have some social responsibility or the lowest in the system would suffer and enter poverty. They can afford the tax whereas the lowest earners in society cannot.
RE: Budget cuts, you're the President.
Agreed to the above;

Bring back Glass Stiegall and start crucifying violators with fines. And perhaps the occasional real thing.

Commission a research committee from our top universities after carefully screening out those with current financial interests/ties to the Military-industrial complex on how to slim it down.

Then slim it like a mother fucker. I understand there are some government funded industries, that because of their complexity and low demand, need support lest they die (like the know how for building a battle ship) -- find those and put them on a special list (publicly?) while killing off all the rest.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Would you bring in a progressive tax system of are you a 9-9-9 man :p?
I would go back to a pre-Civil War system with no income tax and give over the national debt to those responsible -- the politicians in the past 60 years. Let them scramble to pay it off while we actually have the money to better our communities and lives. /kidding, kind of.
As if the American President has this kind of power ... but I'll play along...

Military budget gets nailed first. They would be allocated only 8% of what they receive currently. Yep, we'd be forced to end certain "wars" in certain countries ... too damn bad. Future increased budgetary allocations would only be considered if the continental US were directly attacked by an aggressive hostile force.

All politicians would receive compensation based on work performance. No more absenteeism. You are paid to work, so work!

Corporate finance bonuses would be completely illegal. They make enough fucking money. No more bonuses. Period. Salary caps would also be set up based on employee and investors payment ratios. If share holders made X amount and employees made Y amount, than CEO's salary can only equal Z amount. If the CEOs want to make more money, they have to pay their employees more.

The term, Trickle Down Economics would be banned from ever being spoken in the positive again. (ok not realistic, but god that would make me happy)

The CEOs of both Health Insurance Companies and the Pharmaceuticals would be lined up in the streets and shot on site for crimes against humanity. (this one I'm not fucking kidding about. They are COVERED in blood money and I would volunteer to do it myself) Reporting RECORD FUCKING PROFITS year after year after year!!! Mother fucking blood sucking cock smoking pieces of maggot shit!

[Image: Evolution.png]

(October 28, 2011 at 4:44 pm)Cinjin Wrote: The CEOs of both Health Insurance Companies and the Pharmaceuticals would be lined up in the streets and shot on site for crimes against humanity. (this one I'm not fucking kidding about. They are COVERED in blood money and I would volunteer to do it myself) Reporting RECORD FUCKING PROFITS year after year after year!!! Mother fucking blood sucking cock smoking pieces of maggot shit!

The reason why that will never happen, is that there are many people who receive bread crumbs from those people. Because of that, they like to imagine they are somehow equal or will rise to the position of equality so they may oppress others.

This is an incredible facet of the American Delusion ™.

The reason why?

"All men are created equal" cannot coexist with "There are winners and losers".

Both attitudes are drilled into Americans, the latter as a mutation of the Puritan view that you get what's coming to you.

Sadly, that Puritan view from the foundling nation of proto-USA has never died out. Partially because that has been inculcated into the culture of what-is-an-American.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Quote:Bring back Glass Stiegall and start crucifying violators with fines.

Fixed that for you!

Crucified
Weirdly, whilst in NYC, I seem to have taken a photo for every topic.

Cut defense in half, at least. We don't need a Cold War army.

Return to pre-Reagan tax rates, 50% on the top 1%. His trickle down economic package officially failed so let's go back to what we had before.

Medicare expanded to include all citizens, regardless of age.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
DRUG WAR OBLITERATED.

I'm with Deist on the defense thing all the way, but the war on drugs is ridiculous.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 889 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 886 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1723 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 25105 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 5168 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 2009 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  President Zelensky and the Withheld Funds Haipule 16 1276 January 27, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Anyone else ready for our first gay president? Foxaèr 121 8516 May 22, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Listening to President Trump's Press Conference onlinebiker 12 1504 November 8, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president GODZILLA 79 8676 July 2, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan