Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abolish U.S. Tax Code
Abolish U.S. Tax Code
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lCO1wjH...ploademail
RE: Abolish U.S. Tax Code
In regards to Bachman Cenk fucked up, she said quite clearly that she would abolish the tax code "and have very flat tax rates", but he stops giving a fuck after he gets his sound-bite of "abolish the tax code" and then says "how are we going to get any revenue?" as if she hadn't even mentioned a different flat-tax system.

Shitty biased reporting whether you agree with him or not.
"Flat-Tax" systems are pushed by wealthy fucks so they can pay even less.

One needs to be a particularly stupid tea bagger to fall for such shit and the trailer parks are full of them.

You know what makes the tax code so complicated? All the breaks which these mother-fuckers have gotten Congress to write in for THEM.

I doubt you've ever seen a Form 1040 EZ Void but it is very close to Perry's "post card." If they printed it in a smaller font it would probably make it but then the old tea party fucks wouldn't be able to read it.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040ez.pdf

If there is anyone who finds THAT too complex they should be locked up in an asylum for the terminally stupid instead of being out wandering around unsupervised.
Completely irrelevant to the point, irrespective of a flat-tax being good or bad the point I made is that Cenk completely and intentionally failed to acknowledge that Bachman proposed "Abolish the tax code" AND "have a flat tax system", instead he would have you believe that the country will take in NO revenues.

It's disgraceful reporting. I usually find him to be of a higher standard than most political commentators, that clip is comparable to fox news content.

And are you really going to bother trying to school me on government writing shitty laws Min? No fucking kidding they managed to screw up something that should be fucking simple, they always do, but I bet you for every 1 politician out there who was doing it to get his mate a better kickback there were 20 who thought that giving some business advantage or tax break x was GOOD for the people. The corrupt is a fraction of the incompetent. Until people stop believing that centralized groups of power can better manage the lives of the people than the people themselves we're going to keep running into the same problems.
Void, I have found that Cenk is one of the best ones out there.

I have also found that on rare occasions (and this is probably one of them) he gets a bee in his bonnet and goes off on a rant and either forgets things or doesnt do a complete job on the investigation.

but as far as comparing it to Fox news... man, that is an insult...LOL
From what I've seen of Yankee tv, Cenk is pretty good, but it is of a limited exposure that I come to this conclusion.
(November 2, 2011 at 7:01 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Void, I have found that Cenk is one of the best ones out there.

I have also found that on rare occasions (and this is probably one of them) he gets a bee in his bonnet and goes off on a rant and either forgets things or doesnt do a complete job on the investigation.

There is a bit of a difference between ignoring half of a short clip you just played and not doing a complete job on an investigation, the later is lazy, the former is lazy and disingenuous.

And he was very Foxesque in this instance Tongue
(November 2, 2011 at 8:03 pm)theVOID Wrote:
(November 2, 2011 at 7:01 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Void, I have found that Cenk is one of the best ones out there.

There is a bit of a difference between ignoring half of a short clip you just played and not doing a complete job on an investigation, the later is lazy, the former is lazy and disingenuous.

And he was very Foxesque in this instance Tongue

You may have a point there.... no ... if you are correct, then you are dead right.

I personally have been too busy doing 60 hours a week hard labor to do my usual homework on matters such as this, so I will just agree with your deduction.
(November 2, 2011 at 9:03 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: I personally have been too busy doing 60 hours a week hard labor to do my usual homework on matters such as this, so I will just agree with your deduction.

Tell me about it brother, I've been working most nights and weekends lately, that's why I've barely been online.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 813 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 727 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Petition to abolish the Electoral College Foxaèr 44 1537 October 19, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Warren's Wealth Tax Yonadav 5 896 January 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  US - raise the gas tax onlinebiker 55 3142 November 30, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Unbelievable! Paul Ryan praises $1.50/week tax cut! Jehanne 14 2516 February 6, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP says 90% of Workers get Tax Cut Neo-Scholastic 64 5068 February 4, 2018 at 12:13 am
  How Bad Is The Senate Tax Bill? Minimalist 41 6018 December 12, 2017 at 5:14 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The GOP's turd of a tax bill Jackalope 34 4010 November 14, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1265 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am