Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experiences with internet forums
My experiences with internet forums
I hope this is the place to write about my experiences with internet forums, because I think moderators can get some useful hints on how to conduct themselves with genuine fairness.

First and foremost I want to commend the Internet Infidels forum which I remember had a very bad meltdown, but I guess it is again operating.

I want to commend it though I got banned permanently from it owing to my getting in the neck of moderators who wanted to also debate with me, but could not out-think me; and that is also one of the several factors why it finally had a meltdown, namely, some moderators got overly domineering as to go against even the board precisely installed, in order to hear the complaints among other things, against moderators.

Right now I am having this protracted experience with a forum in which when they should just suspend a member, they require the poster to go to an exclusive board, where he must interact with moderators until the moderators are already satisfied with their sadistic exercise at the expense of the poster.

I think it is not politically correct to mention the forum of concern in this forum, because I guess one should not be shooting against a forum from another forum, etc., but if you want to know, then just pm me.

So, back to this forum with sadistic moderators, they got me to go there and I went there to explain my side; and you know what, they are just into sadism, period; for I tell them time and again, to just tell me what else I should promise, and can I already return to my routine of posting in my threads, but no they want to continue on and on and on…

Have you guys here ever come across these kinds of moderators and this kind of a discipline in your sojourn in internet forums?

I have other experiences, so let us all exchange experiences, if for nothing but just to get them off our breast.

Hope to hear from you guys here.
RE: My experiences with internet forums
Jerry
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Just speaking for myself, I appreciate and applaud not mentioning other message boards by name here.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Caution Drama Queen
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I only had a problem with .

You could only post in certain areas if you belonged to the religion about which the area was concerned; i.e., you could only post in the Abrahamic Religions area if you were an Abrahamic theist.

Most times, I simply saw an interesting topic in the recent posts area and I would respond to it. Then I would get in trouble because I was not supposed to post there.

I ended up fighting them over it and eventually I was banned from the forum. It is honestly one of the most retarded forums ever.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
This is all the forum life I need. The whole staff is pretty well balanced, pleasant to the eyes, and have never banned me (so far). I'm ok with that.

About the other forums... I feel like we're talking badly about Fanny and she's not here to defend herself. Poor Fanny.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(June 15, 2017 at 2:57 pm)Mariosep Wrote:

Sorry, I don't need to hear your stories about you being unjustly victimized. Sounds like more fantasy.

Maybe you should pray more.

(June 15, 2017 at 5:27 pm)J a c k Wrote: [edit] Poor Fanny.

I'd love to talk about your poor fanny!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
UK or American fanny?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Forums aren't a free community service.
Someone owns it and pays to keep it running.

It's their house, their rules.
I'm cool with that.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 15, 2017 at 6:18 pm)Losty Wrote: UK or American fanny?
Extremely important distinction but I'm excited either way.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Forums Must Change Cinjin 47 8506 January 30, 2016 at 8:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Changeable skins on the forums Heat 34 5338 October 26, 2015 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Darkstar
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6125 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Know any other atheist forums? -z- 57 21050 January 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  Dear Atheist Forums thesummerqueen 127 58784 October 21, 2011 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: BloodyHeretic
  Christian forums? BloodyHeretic 6 3176 October 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Phaedra
  Mark all forums "read" StewartP 6 5546 September 5, 2008 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Tiberius