Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Australia
Hello from Australia
Hi everyone!

I'm Galileo and I live in the Blue Mountains which is near Sydney, Australia.

I am an Atheist and will post more about my conversion later. Please forgive any spelling mistakes I might make. I'm blind, and learnt most things by ear, not by sight.

I'm a musician and am currently working on my second CD with a new band that I and a friend have put together called Griffschen. I write a lot of somgs about the beauty of randomness and coincidence.

My real first name is Louisiana, but I prefer the use of my middle name, Galileo. I'm a 27 year old female and I study Community Services [youth work] at the moment and am almost finished my first lot of classes.

I hope to make some friends here.
RE: Hello from Australia
Welcome along to our little safe haven on the web Galileo. Brilliant middle name by the way. I hope that you have fun here and look forward to some random posts.

I'm assuming that you are using a screen reader for this. How well does it work with sites like this forum? My mother used to use jaws.

From Darwinian
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Very big welcome from America! I'd love to hear some of your music.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(November 4, 2011 at 6:22 pm)Galileo Wrote: My real first name is Louisiana, but I prefer the use of my middle name, Galileo.

Geez, have you forgiven your parents for that first name yet?
I don't think there are any legal requirements in changing your first name, you just do it. Louise is OK.

Is Indiana Jones to blame for this naming after US states weirdness?

I'm about 400km North of you and the hills are definitely blue, I'm not sure if eucalypt covered hills are bluer than pine covered ones. Old Galileo would probably have enjoyed the puzzle.

Hello & welcome.

[Image: YgZ8E.png]
Welcome to the forums Galileo, I'm originally from Sydney and would always be up in those Mountains.

Perth here is so flat by comparison. Enjoy your stay here.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Hey, welcome from Nashville, TN. Enjoy yourself here! You're among friends.

Hello and welcome! I too would like to hear your music. Smile
That will never hold up in court...
Quote:Geez, have you forgiven your parents for that first name yet?

hahahah! the funniest bit is that I don't even know why I am called that! my parents have never been there. However they made up for the horrible first name by giving me a pretty awesome middle one that I can use instead.
Quote:I don't think there are any legal requirements in changing your first name, you just do it. Louise is OK.
that depends if you actually want to be known by it in every sense. I have considered dropping the first name and using my middle one for good, but I am a bit lazy with the forms.
Quote:I'm assuming that you are using a screen reader for this. How well does it work with sites like this forum? My mother used to use jaws.
The only place I had real trouble was in the actual sign-up stage. you guys only have a visual verification, which is of course useless if you have only a very small amount of vision, however it simply meant that I called up my friend in the USA and made him go on team viewer and do it for me.
most sites have audio verifications now so the internet is even more accessible.

and for those who are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O099mIdwC8

Benedict by Griffschen

I wrote this song for a conservative catholic that I met earlier this year at my colege. He literally changed his name to Benedict because he became a very very serious catholic. He once told me that 'nothing in the bible has been proven to be untrue' and that 'the inquisition was a very good thing for everyone concerned'.

this was my response to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLmcnEWA-oQ
The Alchemist's Song by Galileo Griffin

an ode to logic and enlightenment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAezrMcKEWI

Desperate People by Griffschen

This is a song about all the forgotten people who we hear nothing about. A song dedicated to anyone who has prayed hoping for an answer or knowing that one would never come. We all pray, even I do, the difference is is that I know that only I can answer my prayers.

there are more there, but this should get you all started Smile
oh dear, someone might want to teach me how to put links here....
Welcome from a fellow Aussie.

undefined
Welcome Gal! Great songs Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HI from Australia CharlotteHaley 11 1600 October 7, 2013 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Mystical
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates
  Joe Bloe (Adelaide, South Australia) Joe Bloe 16 4004 November 29, 2009 at 8:49 am
Last Post: fr0d0