Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Cross
American Cross
From my friend Dr. Ellis off the Skeptalk e-mail listing:

Doctor Wrote:Speaking of Shhhhh, yesterday I was mowing my leaves in my 7 foot fenced enclosed backyard, wearing my in-the-ear partial sound blocking headphones listening to SGU, with my Ear protectors on, oblivious to most of the external sonic world, when I vaguely got the notion someone was yelling at me.

I turned around to see some weird clownish person propped up ON my fence, yelling at me. I shut off the motor, took off the hearing protectors, and turned off the ipod. His name was Jacob O. Berry, and had a calling to speak to me about whether I'd like to hire him to cut my tree limbs or do my yardwork (all of which I do myself). I declined, but he persisted and named a bunch of people I know that he had serviced. He gave me his card, which was nothing about trees or yardwork, so I asked him what the fuck his "Cross card" was about. He told me to check the website about the cross he is building. 100 stories high. In Kansas. He's cutting trees to raise the quarter Billion dollars he needs. That's gonna take more trees than even grow in Amarillo. I suggested he put a windmill on top to generate some income, which he thought was a novel and useful idea. I then told him good luck and go away. I'm glad I chose to view the website instead of asking him to explain his plans, or I'd still be talking to him:

http://www.americancross.org/

By the way, he said it would be hollow, due to tornadoes and all. Smart.

espressofrog Wrote:Talk about blinded by faith, that's some huge reflective surface.

One thing is for sure, I'm very glad that this cross to be erected on mt
Jesus is "a spiritual, but not religious Cross". I thought for a moment
I saw a Christian symbol in it but it was just my paranoia again. I
have to stop doing that.

Doctor Wrote:If I had known it was reflective, I'd have added a solar concentrator to the plans. Just because I don't believe in Al Gore and Carbon Credits does not mean I can't think Green.

Imagine the Southern and Western sides being parabolic solar mirrors, spewing forth the Fires of Hell on sunny days (most of them in Kansas), and igniting all the local corn and wheat fields whenever the cross swayed in the wind and the beam missed the collector at the focal point. The Faithful could kneel down and pray in the fields, and if faithful enough, God would calm the winds or bend the beam. While handling poisonous rattlesnakes, if they are Sure.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: American Cross
That website there gives me a sore head to look at.
Cunt
There's is some serios fuckwittity in your country, i'm thinking a gaza like wall around the southern stated and then fill it with water.
Water? No... I think hot lead would be better.
Cunt
5th, I've given serious thought to just never coming back once my ass hits the platform in England.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
That could be the wisest thing anyone can do.
Cunt
(November 7, 2011 at 9:48 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: 5th, I've given serious thought to just never coming back once my ass hits the platform in England.

Free healthcare is all the reason you need to never go back.
(November 7, 2011 at 9:53 am)5thHorseman Wrote:
(November 7, 2011 at 9:48 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: 5th, I've given serious thought to just never coming back once my ass hits the platform in England.

Free healthcare is all the reason you need to never go back.

And an ever growing secular society. Tongue

I mainly hear of religious nuttery from the States. Hardly hear any here. Most people I know are atheists or at the very least apatheist.

If someone here was to erect some crazy religious cross in town, I'd turn it upside down during the night.Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 547 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 10495 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I am confused by American christians downbeatplumb 60 11895 October 1, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 93603 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Huffington post article today: "My Emancipation from American Christianity" drfuzzy 35 13550 December 6, 2015 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The Christian Cross in Astrology Rhondazvous 6 2662 October 11, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  American Bible-Thumper in Scandinavia zebo-the-fat 4 1689 November 10, 2014 at 1:28 am
Last Post: FifthElement
  Did Jesus Die On The Cross Minimalist 9 1863 September 1, 2014 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The bitter tears of the American Christian supermajority Rob_W75 22 4198 August 11, 2014 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  David Cross on the subject of The Bible CleanShavenJesus 1 1955 March 26, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt