Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God?
Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God?
Is there a line you're not willing to cross for god?

Let's say, like Abraham, God came down and asked you to sacrifice your child?  Would you do that for him?  Or would you draw the line and say "no"

What lines are there?  I mean it's easy to say that "Oh god wouldn't ask me to do that!"  (He asked Abraham to do it, so I don't see why not).  Would you do whatever God asked you to? 

I'm sure the most common answer will be "Well, God wouldn't ask me to do something so terrible! So I'd know it wasn't god."  To which I have to ask why Abraham did not think the same thing, and what therefore makes him credible in the least?
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
RE: Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God?
The OT "god" is a rather astonishing prick.  For morons who gladly think their silly god drowned the whole fucking world what's killing one more kid?
(August 22, 2018 at 12:06 am)Cecelia Wrote: Is there a line you're not willing to cross for god?

Let's say, like Abraham, God came down and asked you to sacrifice your child?  Would you do that for him?  Or would you draw the line and say "no"

What lines are there?  I mean it's easy to say that "Oh god wouldn't ask me to do that!"  (He asked Abraham to do it, so I don't see why not).  Would you do whatever God asked you to? 

I'm sure the most common answer will be "Well, God wouldn't ask me to do something so terrible! So I'd know it wasn't god."  To which I have to ask why Abraham did not think the same thing, and what therefore makes him credible in the least?

The will not become respectable human beings even for their god, even as they claim god made them better so as to deceive others into thinking less poorly of them, which is why they are such a problem.
I don’t have kids of my own, but can I sacrifice other peoples’ Kids?

👩🏼‍⚕️
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 22, 2018 at 12:42 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I don’t have kids of my own, but can I sacrifice other peoples’ Kids?

👩🏼‍⚕️

If the parents were Christian, I suppose it would be alright. But remember to pay me a sin tax for each one sacrificed.
(August 22, 2018 at 12:50 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 22, 2018 at 12:42 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: I don’t have kids of my own, but can I sacrifice other peoples’ Kids?

👩🏼‍⚕️

If the parents were Christian, I suppose it would be alright. But remember to pay me a sin tax for each one sacrificed.

See Jesus.

He’s paying for my sins.

😇
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 22, 2018 at 12:20 am)Minimalist Wrote: The OT "god" is a rather astonishing prick.  For morons who gladly think their silly god drowned the whole fucking world what's killing one more kid?

But, but, but they made it sound so amazing with cute animals so that even small children would easily think it was just a wonderful thing their loving god did. Dodgy
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Yeah, I find it amazing that the flood has been turned into a story of god's kindness: saving the animals!

From himself, though. That's the bit people always forget in religion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 22, 2018 at 3:58 am)robvalue Wrote: Yeah, I find it amazing that the flood has been turned into a story of god's kindness: saving the animals!

From himself, though. That's the bit people always forget in religion.

Sort of like an ambulance driver who deliberately runs people over.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The firefighter moonlighting as an arsonist.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 547 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7806 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 14985 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 18407 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 19074 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law rado84 25 3831 August 3, 2016 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 9774 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34392 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31237 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Mt. Soledad cross ordered to be taken down c172 350 94116 March 26, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: robvalue