Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah life!
Yeah life!
For those who have never spent years in a religious fog you might not know what it's like to wake up from that fog. Just today I posted this to a friend of mine who shucked his fundamentalism a little while ago (code name waking up from the matrix). I'm not an emotional person so this is as mushy as it gets.

well I'm still in a fog. Sometimes my mind drifts away to thoughts on god and I think that this will all blow over soon. I will go back to what has always been. Then I wake up.

Oddly the more the fog lifts the happier I become. I don't have to hate anyone but myself or blame anyone but myself for anything that has happened in my life. My life is my own. The problem with a god is that if he pisses you off you can't throttle him and you can't make him change or understand your point of view because, of course he doesn't exist. you just have to accept some fucking bullshit purpose that you will never know the reason for. Knowing that a god doesn't exist is an odd feeling old habits die hard but the more it dies the happier I feel. Yeah life!
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Yeah life!
God is an unnecessary evil and delusion. Yeah life!

Right there with you I recently chucked the good ol Godbear out the window too... It is hard for me to not think/argue against the idea every day >.<.

It will help when I am no longer at a religious school and I think I will be getting happier soon. How long have you quit the "kool aid"? oh and yeah life!
Kudos to all who go trough the struggle. You will eventually be free of the anxiety(?), for me it took only one day Big Grin

Life is pretty neat, isn't it? Especially when you have your eyes open Wink
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(November 9, 2011 at 2:14 am)Voltair Wrote: Right there with you I recently chucked the good ol Godbear out the window too... It is hard for me to not think/argue against the idea every day >.<.

It will help when I am no longer at a religious school and I think I will be getting happier soon. How long have you quit the "kool aid"? oh and yeah life!

I've been a fundie for 30 years. The kool aid runs deep in my veins. My deconversion has taken years and a lot of study. I can say that I officially quit the kool aid a few weeks ago. Sooner or later you've just got to face the truth.

It's odd, when I was a fundie the common belief was that sometime who left the faith was supposed to be deluded,, angry, bitter, sad, or just rebellious. While I admit the fundamentalist vortex (resembling something like a flushing toilet) can be demeaning, and when friends and family back away from you this can be upsetting, but if they didn't do this then that stress would be eliminated -problem solved.

It's odd. Technically i'm a rebellious sinner because I no longer "follow god" (follow the so called leadings of a so called being). From 30 years of fundieism I can safetly say that the majority of "following god" involves doing what your pastor/religious leader says you ought to do. A pastor who knows as little about this "god" as you do. So technically both a pastor and I are rebellious sinners because we are on equal terms. How can you truthfully follow what you don't truthfully know? I digress. I love ironies. I find them to be very funny, and I have been finding a lot of them lately (go figure, lol).

To religion I remove my belt and take a bow....in the other direction. The sun has set on my religion and the moon has risen.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Ah I was a kool aid drinker until about 3 1/2 months ago. My group was called "Church of Christ" so they were all about studying your Bible and following it to a T. They ripped things out of context etc but hey there you go... With me Christianity was supposed to be about loving other people and saving them from Hell so... yeah.

Ironic isn't it? We were supposed to save people not really from themselves but from the wrathful God. He was the source of the whole problem in the first place... madness ugh.
(November 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm)Voltair Wrote: Ah I was a kool aid drinker until about 3 1/2 months ago. My group was called "Church of Christ" so they were all about studying your Bible and following it to a T. They ripped things out of context etc but hey there you go... With me Christianity was supposed to be about loving other people and saving them from Hell so... yeah.

Ironic isn't it? We were supposed to save people not really from themselves but from the wrathful God. He was the source of the whole problem in the first place... madness ugh.

Total madness.
(November 9, 2011 at 5:23 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Kudos to all who go trough the struggle. You will eventually be free of the anxiety(?), for me it took only one day Big Grin

Life is pretty neat, isn't it? Especially when you have your eyes open Wink

One day only? Is there some sort of mechanical process you know of or must I wait on the weathering effects of time? Ugn! lol

You recently deconverted atheistS should celebrate with some debauchery. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll is what being an atheist is all about.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Knowing that a god doesn't exist is an odd feeling

I prefer a more naturalistic view on life. I don't need the acceptance of "god" to feel that I'm a human being, despite what some people say. If anything, all I have to do to deny the existence of god is to take a quick look at my surroundings for a brief second to declare that there is NO god (which goes vise versa for some people). God was solely based on misunderstandings to how the universe operates, which bring me to say that it was man made.

Science overpowers superstitious beliefs.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Yeah life!
Congrats guys, you've started using the intelligence that evolution gave you.
Now if we can just get Statler and G-C and the rest to do the sameSmile
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2982 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3615 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1383 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2060 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Yeah, not going to happen!! Mystic 29 4745 October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3100 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, brukanzuu 14 2878 March 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, baah 59 9894 October 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, cali0 38 6803 November 13, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 152 13527 August 23, 2016 at 6:11 am
Last Post: InsaneDane