Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Atheism and Secular Humanism are Failed Philosophies

Let me start out by saying I used to be an atheist and in a way sort of am.
Secular humanism (which now will be abbreviated as SH and is synonymous for atheism or agnosticism) is an absolute cancer, a poison to society. I could give you the arguments of communism, Hitler, etc, but I used to read these forums and realize these are old tired points, so here’s something fresh.

SH does have a God. That God is I. The God of SH is me and all that matters (the alpha to the omega) is my personal happiness. This philosophy is deeply flawed. And the ultimate referendum is coming very shortly.

I am entirely convinced (as is Stephen Hawking and many others) that in the very near future – we’re talking a decade – humanity itself will start to unravel. In order to enhance our happiness and well being, we’re going to begin putting machines in our bodies. At first it will be a chip in our brain to augment our intelligence, then we’ll replace our organs, perhaps even lack a corporal form and so on and so forth until we can no longer be considered human. If this doesn’t happen, within the next 30 – 40 years we’ll have full immersion virtual reality, where we can live in fantasy lands of unending pleasure. We can be Jake Sully in Avatar, have sex that feels real, go to the moon, the stars – who would ever want to live in this pathetic world? Eventually we’ll be so dependent; we’ll forgo our bodies and place our brains in boxes so we can live in our virtual ‘reality’ unmolested. And why will all of you do this? Because again, happiness is what it’s all about – there ain’t nothing higher.

You can call me crazy, which I’m sure a lot of you will. But they said the same thing of Einstein, and Darwin, the examples go on.

If you’ve read the literature and understand what our fate will be – chew on this: since my little scenario will mean the destruction of humanity (the ultimate evil) was the medieval Church right for hating science?

Why won’t I become a machine? Why won’t I let the Matrix come true? Because through my finding of religion (Judaism in case you’re wondering) I realized there’s something higher in this world than me.
RE: Why Atheism and Secular Humanism are Failed Philosophies
You don't like science and or you've imagined a dystopian future (based upon your own value judgements of the situation in that dystopia) rgr. Now what does that have to do with atheism or secular humanism? I don't want to become a machine either, which has nothing to do with the fact that I don't believe in fairy tales. I'm also a secular humanist, in addition to being a pretty hard line atheist, so trying to convince me that I believe in some "god of me" is pretty pointless. Somewhat insulting too. By realize, btw, I'm sure you mean believe/hope/wish/have faith etc etc etc. Carry on.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard troll. Big Grin
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You believe that light became conscious - how is that not a fairy tale?

My point is that because happiness is your God you'll forsake humanity in order to live in a virtual reality world indistinguishable from a drug.
Oh do I know? That's pretty ignorant, and again insulting. Atheist, no gods buddy. Not a happiness god, not a me god, no gods. Repeat that until it sticks.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Speaking of ignorant what percentage of your salary have you donated to charity this year? 0?
Plus I'd like an explanation on how an explosion of light became conscious.
I'm not trolling at all I'm completely serious. Just remember the first time you hear it when it comes true.
My salary and what I do with it is none of your business. I'd like an explanation for this miracle you've proposed as well. You are trolling, even if you're serious. Also, you were right, same tired old shit. Next.
I'm right You are your own God - is your name Lahni-do?

Read the opening of Genesis, that'll give you a good explanation also here's a book that spent months on Amazon's best sellers list written by a physicist from MIT who uses general and special relativity to show how the universe was indeed created in five and one half days.

http://www.amazon.com/Science-God-Conver...076790303X

Read Genesis, utter garbage as history. Anything else you'd like to discuss?

(say it with me now, atheist, no gods. atheist, no gods.)
Get bullied at school a lot? Does raging on all of human history make that pain feel better? You know what will? Belief in God. You have a hole in your heart, fill it with him. I know you're an angry little boy, but life gets better after tenth grade.

You will become a machine - mark my word. We'll see what's 'real' at that point.
Sanctimonious bullshit. We have two threads here called "evidence for the existence of god". You should probably begin there.
(course you could have started off in the introductions sub-forum, or by reading our forum rules, but I have a feeling you're a shit and run type)

:Looks around: My dolls are making prophetic rumblings again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 18 1085 January 23, 2024 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Do you have any interest in the philosophies of introflection pioneered by Buddhism? Authari 67 2755 January 12, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 4964 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3804 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2747 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 5973 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 25947 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
Heart Humanism shadow 10 2639 March 14, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: shadow
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8575 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27118 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13