Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Postal Service Planning Major Cuts
U.S. Postal Service Planning Major Cuts
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/2011-1...1323047384

I think it's kinda sad.
RE: U.S. Postal Service Planning Major Cuts
It doesnt matter what gets cut in America...just as long as that money works its way to the rich defense contractors who currently control the vast majority of our economy.

Its important that Lockheed Martin gets billions.....fuck the postal service, only poor people use it anyways.
Takes a real genius in marketing to come up with a plan that makes service worse as a cure-all, though.

These right wingers (democrats and republicans included) dont care about jobs..they want the top rich people to make more money.

Way pay two people $50k a year, when you can fire one, frighten the shit out of the other, and then cut his pay back to $35k a year and tell him he should be thankful to have a job in sthis economy as the one man does the work of two.

That just saved the company $65k, which goes to certain executives for bonuses.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this shit out
Why would it be a good thing to pay the same number of people to deliver fewer and fewer letters, promising additional cost to get those letters there the next day when an email will cost nothing to get there instantaneously?

The role of the postal service to provide information integration and social cohension has been largely superceded in the electronics age. The small amount of off-grid people continuing to rely on the service can't possibly justify the vast postal infrastructure designed primarily to serve those who no longer need it. I personally think the US postal service will and should go completely out of business unless it were to refocus itself successfully to compete with Fedex and UPS and primarily a parcel delivery service.
No other commercial entity can deliver first class mail for 40 cents a pop...

And most commercial entities would not serve the rural red states as the Post Office does, even if they could be fooled into dealing with them. It's just too costly with too little demand.

But I suppose we can always depend on your word-of-god paradigm ("I don't use it. It must be useless") to show up the value of a rather efficient apparatus and advocate for it's disposal.

Because "Fuck you. We need to get rid of functioning agencies and leave the inefficient ones."

Honestly, humans are so damn tedious, with their annoying insistence on financial purity without getting it through their puny heads that they need working models to inspect and mimic to repair the nonworking and inefficient ones...
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(December 5, 2011 at 3:51 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: No other commercial entity can deliver first class mail for 40 cents a pop...

Nor can the post office, which is why they lost $20 billion in the last 4 years.

Cutting the rural red states permanentrly off from the human world and a breathable air would be a major national service which the post office is appearently unwilling to perform.
Quote:I personally think the US postal service will and should go completely out of business

The problem there is Article I, Section 8 Clause 7 of the constitution which mandates:

Quote:The Congress shall have power:

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

Good luck getting that changed in this environment.
(December 5, 2011 at 3:51 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: But I suppose we can always depend on your word-of-god paradigm ("I don't use it. It must be useless") to show up the value of a rather efficient apparatus and advocate for it's disposal.

Because "Fuck you. We need to get rid of functioning agencies and leave the inefficient ones."

Honestly, humans are so damn tedious, with their annoying insistence on financial purity without getting it through their puny heads that they need working models to inspect and mimic to repair the nonworking and inefficient ones...

Are you okay? Do you need a pill or anything? Besides, do you really begrudge me playing god? Honestly, who would make a better god? Me or Yahweh?

ROFLOL

(December 5, 2011 at 4:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The problem there is Article I, Section 8 Clause 7 of the constitution which mandates:

Quote:The Congress shall have power:

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

Good luck getting that changed in this environment.

Shall have the power to establish, not shall establish.

Do we still build post roads?
Yeah..we should get rid of the postal service and replace it with a private organization that will eventually create a monopoly and charge us outrageous prices to move postage..because if it isnt run by a private company, then it isnt run right. Period.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major calendar reform needed. Gawdzilla Sama 5 781 January 9, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tipping in the service industry Joods 104 4680 September 30, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Anyone planning on seeing the new Michael Moore movie? Jehanne 16 1182 September 18, 2018 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  What are the major challenges faced by the students of present generation? Jennie M. Marble 9 817 May 19, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order? Edwardo Piet 31 5390 April 28, 2018 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
Wink A good major or not?? Nishravi98 15 1860 April 14, 2015 at 8:39 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Shots from the Past: Service Members BlackSwordsman 7 1659 June 14, 2014 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Hair cuts BrokenQuill92 0 577 May 5, 2014 at 4:14 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Help me decide on a major AtheistCreed 49 8643 September 25, 2013 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: AtheistCreed
  Why I hate the Public Service Aractus 8 3085 March 1, 2013 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb